Chapter 3

I couldn't get Leandre Cote out of my head for the rest of the night. Even after he and Abram left. I only had a few words with Leandre before he left because we ended up getting slammed. He seems to like Vodka, which I made a mental note of. He said he would keep in touch, which would have weirded me out if he wasn't so fucking sexy and I didn't find him so irresistible.

I also couldn't get those sparks out of my head. I kept feeling phantom sparks where he kissed my hand after leaving my house. He was all I could think of. I was so distracted that it was starting to affect my everyday living.

I am so rarely at home for long periods, but even my father noticed how distracted I was. I wasn't affected by the tantrums he threw and I was even more distant with him. At the club, Damien definitely noticed and badgered me about it. At the antique shop I nearly dropped a vase because I was holding it precariously as I compared the blue shade to Leandre's blue eyes. The same thing happened at Granny's Plant Nursery. I was comparing all the blue flowers to the shade of Leandre's eyes and made a mess. Wulf even noticed on Sunday how distracted I was during our quick lunch but didn't ask much since he knows I won't share until I am ready.

It has officially been a week since I saw Leandre, and it is slowly driving me insane. I need to see him. I feel like my life cannot continue if I don't see him soon. No, I am not going to commit suicide, that'd be stupid. No, I would probably go out in search of him. I'd probably go to Abram first and ask if he knows where Leandre lives, and for his number. I am getting to the point where I am becoming a stalker.

I googled him and found so many Leandre Cote's on the web. Insert sad face here. But, I did find a picture that looked like him, I wasn't quite positive though because there were paparazzi everywhere. Why would he have paparazzi's following him? Is he someone famous? I haven't heard of him before, but maybe he's not a music artist and famous some other way. Like a book author, or movie director. I don't know, if I ever see him again I'll ask him what his occupation is.

But he also has that thick French accent. Does that mean he's from outside of the United States? Is he just visiting right now? Did he go back home? Where is he from? Is he from France? Has he seen the Eifel Tower? When will he be back?

I even searched Facebook and the only Leandre Cote's I found were definitely not him. I am aware that I am becoming obsessive over him but I can't help it. There was something about him that attracts me more than anyone ever has before. And then there were those sparks that I find myself craving. Were they just my imagination? Was it just static electricity? Did I imagine them there thinking he was supernatural because Abram and Jonah were there?

One time, years ago, Wulf told me about mating sparks. I've always wondered what they would feel like personally. What it would be like to know you have a soul mate out there and to find them. Wulf seemed to love the sparks, and I can understand why now. Whatever I felt when Leandre picked my hand up and kissed it, it was amazing. I crave the feeling again. It left a warm feeling inside of me and a longing for him.

"-iles," I hear someone say. "Niles,"

I shake my head to clear it and look around to see Granny, my boss, looking at me. Her greying hair is pulled into a neat bun atop her head with a few wispy strands framing her face. Her brown eyes have dulled with age but seem to sparkle under the sunlight that streams down from the ceiling made of windows. She wears a pair of blue jean overalls that are stained brown with potting dirt and mud.

"Sorry, what was that?" I ask stupidly.

Granny sighs as she points to a customer standing by the shelf of soils and fertilizers. The customer is a regular here since he grows his own produce on the roof of his apartment building. His name is Mr. Freddy and he's nearing his seventies. Mr. Freddy is still pretty spry considering he's not getting any younger.