Chapter 27

Leandre and I didn't get to go on our date last night due to the fact that it was already eleven o'clock at night. So, that's what we're doing tonight. Leandre decided that he wouldn't go into the office today so we could spend the day together. He even promised not to look at his phone because Malik could deal with anything concerning the company and the Pride.

He made us breakfast then we spent the day on the couch watching movies. Honestly, the lazy day was so relaxing with Leandre by my side. I've always been so busy working every day I had forgotten what an entire day to myself felt like. It's strange not working every day, it really is, but I'm not complaining. The change is nice and welcome. It's also nice not to have to worry about any bills right now. Although I did tell Leandre I want to pay for my own phone bill. He had to switch over my phone carrier to a Canadian one but other than that, I've been paying the monthly bill.

I don't know when it happened, or during which movie, or even how, but somewhere along the way I ended up in Leandre's arms with my head resting on his chest. When I first realized our position my heart sped up in both embarrassment and nerves. But then I managed to calm myself down and relax. Honestly, it wasn't hard, though, because Leandre's presence relaxes me which I am well aware is thanks to the whole mate's thing. I have to thank Beowulf and Ridge for educating me so well about mates and the supernatural.

"Niles?" His voice startles me for a moment.

"Y-yeah?" My voice cracks so I clear my throat.

Then, I feel the faintest of touches on the back of my neck. I shiver from both the tickle of the faint touch as well as the sparks.

"I have been wondering but never really sure when or if there was a proper time to ask," He says gently.

"Ask what?"

"Where you got these from," He says as his finger trails down my neck and slightly under my shirt. "These scars that cover your beautiful skin,"

I gulp as I realize what he's talking about. I sit up properly and rub the back of my neck, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Oh, those," I move my hands down to my lap and look at both of them. "They happened when I was a senior in high school. I think I was still seventeen, I don't know, maybe I was eighteen by then," I shake my head to try and get my thoughts together. "I don't know; I try to block it out. I get nightmares of it, though,"

"If it bothers you, you do not have to tell me anything," He says quickly but I just shake my head.

"No, you have a right to know," I grip onto the material of the jeans on my knee. "I was kidnapped for a while. It was really only for like twenty-four hours, but to me, it felt much longer,"

"Kidnapped?" His voice is rough and I know he's trying not to lose it.

"Yeah," I mutter. "We were in homeroom when I got into an argument with Wulf over something stupid and needed to calm down. So, I went outside, but when I was minding my own damn business, someone hit me in the back of the head and knocked me out,"

I hear a deep growl come from him but I ignore it. He's not angry at me, he's angry at my story.

"When I woke up there was this guy there and he was smiling like a fucking idiot. And there were wolves surrounding us. I didn't know of the supernatural at the time so I was seriously freaked out. The guy kept going on about some magical rock which I later found out was a myth anyway. Then, some of the wolves shifted. It was seriously the scariest shit I have ever seen. They... they tortured me. I... um...yeah... they tortured me. It wasn't until the next day that Ridge found me. By then I pretty much had lost my damn mind and thought he was going to kill me when he really came to save me. That's how I learned of the supernatural in the first place," I end with a shrug.