Chapter 10

It's been exactly one week since I last saw Leandre.

I think it is safe to say that I am going insane without him. God, that sounds so clingy, but it's true. I feel like if I don't see him soon then I'll go absolutely insane. Literally, my skin tingles when I think about him, which means it constantly tingles because I can't get him out of my damn head. My skin crawls when someone touches me because I only want Leandre to touch me. I dream about him every night. I think about him literally twenty-four seven.

It's not healthy.

And the worst part? I don't have his number to even hear his voice.

My mind refuses to shut off. I come up with so many scenarios of us being together. So many stupid reasons why I haven't seen him in a week. I think about whether he would get along with my best friend. I think about just introducing him and Beowulf, but then I remember I have no idea how to contact the lion.

My dad still refuses to talk to me. He leaves for work before I get up most days, and when he comes home he locks himself in his bedroom. He's probably eating fast food every night because he doesn't eat the dinner I cook. Honestly, it's like living alone, except I still have that pit in my stomach thinking he's going to start screaming about something any second.

"Earth to Niles," Damien says as he waves his hand in front of my face.

I blink to clear my head and continue to yank my jacket on. Damien gives me a funny look.

"Dude, where have you been?" He asks.

"What? I've been right here with you all night," I say completely confused.

Damien shakes his head. "No, you've been here physically, sure, but mentally, you've been somewhere else. I noticed it a few days ago actually. Just tonight, I don't know, tonight's different,"

"How so?" I ask as I run my fingers through my hair.

Damien chews on his bottom lip. "I can't figure it out. But you're way off tonight. Is everything okay with you?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah, I don't know what you're so worried about, I'm fine,"

I'm not fine. I am slowly but surely going insane. And Damien noticed.

I sigh as I look him in the eye. "Look, man, thanks for the concern, but tonight's been extremely long and I just want to pass out already. Can you maybe grill me tomorrow instead?"

He shakes his head with his own sigh. "Yeah, okay, you're right, it's been a long night. Look, I'll give you a ride home so you don't have to ride the bus,"

"I'm fine riding the bus, Damien, really," I chuckle tiredly.

He shakes his head with a yawn. "Nope, I'm giving you a ride, come on,"

I sigh in defeat, too tired to argue. Damien grabs his keys from his locker and then we head out to the staff parking lot. Once at his car, I slump into the seat and have to force myself not to fall asleep.

At home, I can't even make it to my bedroom as I kick off my shoes and fall face first onto the couch. We were so busy tonight it was ridiculous. My feet hurt so bad and my muscles all ache. But mostly I just want to sleep for an entire year. But with my body hating me, I know I'll only get a few hours of sleep.

****555****

The sound of glass shattering has me bolting upright. My eyes are foggy from sleep which I try to clear by blinking a few times. I look around the living room but find nothing out of the ordinary. Then, the sound of breaking glass again. My head snaps to the hallway where I find my father.