Chapter 32

Thankfully, my mind was clear for the rest of the night. And when I woke up I felt more rested than I have in a long time. Ever since coming to Canada I've gotten the most sleep I have ever since high school. Working three jobs doesn't leave much room for sleep, especially when your body refuses to sleep longer than five hours at a time.

Opening my eyes was easy to do because I felt so good. I feel like I slept for days but slept so good that I don't feel tired afterward. When my eyes do open I have to blink a few times to get adjusted to the bright light streaming through the open curtains. It must be pretty late in the morning if the room is this bright already.

Once my eyes adjust to the light I survey my surroundings. The room has plain off-white walls, a T.V mounted to the wall, and a small table with a lamp and a plush looking chair. Leandre did say this was only a guest room so not much was in here.

Leandre!

I am suddenly hyper-aware of my body and the position it is in. And of course, where else would I be other than laying atop him with one of his arms caging me against his naked chest? His other arm flung out across the pillows lazily. His face is peaceful with not a single crease marring his beautiful skin, not even a wrinkle. He looks like an angel or a Greek God. Something unexplainably beautiful. How can someone be this beautiful?

"Do you want to take a picture?" He suddenly asks in a husky tone.

My body clenches up for a moment before I relax it. Holy shit, he's not supposed to catch me staring!

"A picture might be nice," I mutter without thinking.

He peeks an eye open as the corner of his mouth lifts up. "Really?"

My face burns in a hot blush as I look at his nose instead of his eyes. "I mean, uhm, well, you just look so peaceful and beautiful,"

His chest rumbles underneath me as he chuckles. "You can take a picture, Niles,"

I shake my head vigorously. "No, I'm okay," Then I move away from him, at least I try to.

His arm tightens around me as his other joins to help cage me in better. "No, stay here for just a moment longer,"

He tangles his fingers into my hair and gently pulls my head down to rest against his chest. He holds me tightly as if I'd disappear any second, yet despite that, the hold is nice and calming. I like the hold. No. I love the embrace. It makes me feel safe and happy. Loved.

"Niles," He whispers next to my ear sometime later. "I was so scared last night,"

I squeeze my eyes shut tightly. I had nearly forgotten about that embarrassment. Why did he have to bring it up? I would have been happy shoving it aside and never speaking about it again.

"Niles," He whispers. "Please," He says in a whimper.

I bite my lip as I wait for him to continue but he doesn't. "Please what, Leandre?" I ask barely audible. Good thing he has super hearing because I don't think any human would have heard that even with how close we are.

He takes a deep breath, his chest rising and falling. "Please," He repeats in a whimper.

"I don't know what you're asking of me, Leandre," Hearing his whimper makes my heart hurt. I want to help him feel better but I have no idea what he wants of me. I have no idea how to help him feel better.

"Niles," He whispers into my ear. "Please, move in with me,"

My eyebrows pull together in confusion. "What do you mean? I already live with you,"