Chapter 11

I was arguing with Wulf during class. We were having a stupid argument that escalated ridiculously. When I was a teenager I would party and drink all the time. I don't know why but for some reason I didn't want Wulf to know that I wasn't a man whore. I pretended to sleep with a new girl at every party. I don't know why I wanted him to think that, but I did.

My mother died from pregnancy complications when I was younger and it scarred me. My father never talked about it so I was left with my imagination. Everyone thought I was too young to know the details so I don't know what type of complications she had. All I know is that she died from pregnancy complications.

After she died, I never wanted to get a girl pregnant. I never wanted kids of my own. I was terrified that some girl would die because I impregnated them. So I just didn't have sex. I was too scared to have sex. I was scared of getting a girl pregnant.

I guess I didn't want Wulf to know that weakness of mine. He knew all my other weaknesses, so perhaps I just wanted to keep one a secret. Wulf was my best friend, though, so I don't know why I was so secretive and scared about it. He would have understood, I knew that, and yet I could never tell him. So I pretended to be a man whore.

No matter how drunk I got, I never had sex. Plenty of girls came onto me, but I never took them up on the offer. Not even for a blowjob and fondling. I was too scared to let it lead to sex. When girls started going around saying that we fucked I just went along with it. It didn't matter that we didn't get any further than just making out. It didn't matter that the school believed me to be a man whore. I liked it that way. I liked everyone thinking of me that way. Because if people thought I was a man whore sleeping around, then it meant no one knew my fear, no one knew my weakness.

So when Wulf started asking questions I got defensive. My barriers broke like a dam and I let it slip. I still remember the confused and shocked look on Wulf's face when I told him I had never had sex before. I remember the sadness and regret when I told him I was too scared to get a girl pregnant. I knew he was just trying to protect me from making a mistake at such a young age. I knew he didn't know about my secret because I had tried so hard to keep it from him. I tried so hard to not get angry but I still needed to take a moment to take a breath and get myself under control.

So, I left.

I stepped outside for some fresh air instead of going to my next class. I just needed to be alone for a single minute. I didn't know that it was so dangerous. How could I have?

I was leaning against a tree with my hands covering my face. I was trying so damn hard to hold back the tears. I wasn't about to cry over my own weakness. I just wasn't going to be that guy.

And the next thing I knew, I was being hit in the back of the head. It was instant, the darkness swallowed me whole and I collapsed. When I came to next, I was floating. Or, at least that's what if felt like. My vision was spotty and unclear but I could make out a pair of black boots crunching through the snow. I was tossed over someone's shoulder and being carried like a sack of potatoes.

But then I lost conscience again. It was so hard to stay focused and awake.

The next time I awoke, it was because someone had hit me in the face. It was a hell of a bitch slap that woke me up. Again, my vision was spotty and unclear. I was seeing stars and my body was sluggish and achy.

The first thing I saw was a man with shaven hair and a black goatee. He had this smile on his face like he had just won something amazing. I didn't understand it. I didn't understand what was going on at all. I was so confused and a bit scared. The last thing I could remember was stepping outside to get some air.