Chapter 24

I wake up the next morning at the foot of the bed. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and let out a yawn. The blanket is on the floor along with my oversized shirt. My eyebrows knit together as I stare at the shirt. I wonder why I stripped off the shirt during the night, I rarely ever do that.

Then I notice the giant morning wood I am sporting. My jaw drops as I feel my cheeks flush with heat. There is no way I am touching it. I know supernaturals can smell arousal and when you release from Beowulf educating me. I bite my bottom lip hard and try to will the erection away. I think about things like working at Granny's and how I actually miss working with all the plants. I think about how relieved I am to not have to see Mr. Smith every night at the club. I think about my father and his bad hygiene after mom died. But nothing works. The erection stays erect and proud.

I close my eyes and swallow hard. Then I get up and snatch my shirt up from the floor and slip it over my head. Moving hurts but I have to get to the bathroom. I grab clothes at random out of the closet and then peek out the door into the hallway. Both Leandre's bedroom door and his office door are closed so I sneak across the hall to the bathroom, my new clothes in front of me to hide the embarrassing erection.

Once inside the bathroom, I quickly shut and lock the door behind me. I breathe out a sigh of relief of making it safely here without being spotted. Then I strip out of my clothes and glare at the proud erection. Stupid morning wood.

I get into the shower without turning the water on and brace myself for the cold water I am about to drench myself in. I take a deep breath a let it out slowly before turning the water on cold. As soon as the cold water hits my skin I yelp and jump back. My teeth instantly start to chatter as I rub my arms with both hands. I take a small step back under the stream of cold water. My chattering gets worse as I will the erection to go away. Slowly, the erection does go away, and as soon as it is, I turn the knob to hot water to warm up.

After my shower and getting changed into fresh clothes, I brushed my teeth before heading downstairs. Leandre is already setting the table for breakfast.

"Good morning," He greets as he pours a glass of orange juice.

"Morning," I greet in a small voice.

I'm still embarrassed about that erection I had earlier and the possibility of Leandre knowing about it. But it wasn't like I was really aroused or anything, it was just morning wood, so maybe he doesn't know about it after all.

"I heard a yelp, are you okay?"

My eyes widen as I look at him. If he heard that what else does he know?

"I'm fine," I squeak out. "The shower water was just really cold when I got in,"

He nods his head as he sets the pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice down on the table. I nervously sit down and avoid eye contact with him. I made up my mind last night about a few things. First, I need to learn how to properly clean myself. Second, I need to learn how to properly prep myself. And third, the most embarrassing one, I think I do need to invest in a toy to help stretch myself.

I lick my lips nervously as I look up and find Leandre already watching me. A little squeak leaves my throat as I quickly look away from him.

"Are you okay, Niles?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I say as I quickly pick up my fork and stab it into the omelet.

We sit in silence for a while, the only sound the forks hitting the glass plates. I try to think of a way to ask to go to the store alone but I can't think of anything good. I still don't speak French all that well, even after studying it for almost a month straight. If I go to a store and the people all speak French, I would struggle to figure out what they are saying. But there is no way in Hell that I am asking Leandre to come with. This is something I need to do on my own.