Chapter 5

"I do not like you wearing another man's clothes, even if they belong to your father," Leandre says as we sit awkwardly at the kitchen table. Well, I sit awkwardly, Leandre looks right at home.

I blink as I look down at my father's clothes I wear. The shirt falls down my chest and off my left shoulder, no matter how many times I pull it back up and try to pull it down my back to at least cover my front half. The sweats make me look like I am melting in the wooden chair from the way it pools around my legs. I'm afraid to move around too much in fear of the pants falling off completely because I didn't dare put my father's underwear on. Literal cringe.

"Uhm," I yank the sleeve back onto my shoulder for the millionth time already. "Well, my clothes still need to be washed," I glance at the clothes that I quickly picked up from the kitchen floor and stuffed back into the hamper as Leandre and I came in.

I watch as Leandre tilts his head at the clothes in the hamper. Then he sighs as he stands to his feet. I practically jump to my feet and have to catch the chair from clattering to the floor behind me. I don't want to be the only one sitting, I already feel awkward enough as it is.

"Then the only other solution is to buy a new outfit," He says as he looks right at me.

I blink in shock at him. "Excuse me?" I say stupidly. "W-why can't I just wash them now?"

"Because I want to take you out now. I want to spend as much of the day with you as possible, and spending valuable time waiting for clothes to be washed seems like a waste," He says bluntly.

I blink a few times in absolute confusion over everything that has happened today. He wants to spend as much time with me as possible? Valuable time? Take me out now? What is this even?

"Do not worry," Leandre says as he suddenly takes my hand and lifts it to his lips. Those hot sparks travel up my arm deliciously. The sparks are even hotter, if that's even possible, as he presses his lips to my skin. "I will take care of everything. All you have to do is follow along and keep being pretty,"

It takes me a moment to clear the daze before I realize he called me pretty. My cheeks flush hotly as I look anywhere but him. Why would he call me that? I'm a guy, not a girl. Pretty is too feminine for my taste.

"Now, put some shoes on and we will leave," He says as he gently places my hand back at my side.

All I can manage to do is nod my head stupidly and turn on my heel to get my shoes by the front door. I am painfully aware that he is right behind me as I walk. I have to hold the sweats up as I walk and don't even bother with trying to slip my shoes on standing up. So, I slide down the wall and pull the red Vans on my bare feet. I wiggle my toes in the shoes with a grimace. I hate not wearing socks with closed toe shoes.

As I prepare to stand up again, Leandre thrusts out his hand for me to take. I bite my lip as my face flames before I take his hand and hoist myself up. I have to yank the sweats back up as they literally start to fall down my ass.

"I have a car waiting outside for us," Leandre says as he gently places my hand back at my side once more.

Then, Leandre opens the front door and holds it open. Like the idiot I am, though, I stand there waiting for him to exit before I realize he is holding the door open for me. I bite my bottom lip as I awkwardly walk through the door and into the mid-morning sun. There is a slight chill in the air but it is nothing too bothersome.

I hear Leandre chuckle quietly before he speaks. "Do you have the key so I can lock the door?"

I stop dead in my tracks and pat my thighs, of course, there are no pockets there, meaning no keys either. I groan as I turn around and walk back inside. My keys are hanging on a small hook on the wall just inside so it is easy for me to grab them and walk back out.