Chapter 9

Sunday's I have lunch with my best friend Beowulf. No matter how busy we are, we always make time to have lunch. Sometimes we have a late lunch, but we still have lunch together. That's why I love Sunday's. It's my day to relax and rewind for a few hours with my best friend. Both our lives are so hectic but we manage to still be best friends and have lunch every Sunday.

I have no idea where Leandre is staying. After he dropped me back off at home on Friday he left, saying he had some business to take care of. I don't even have his number, not that I want to call or text him. It's just, how am I supposed to give him my answer if I don't know how to contact him? Whatever he'll probably get in contact with me if he's serious.

My father wasn't very happy to see me come home on Friday. Leandre gave him another warning to not influence my decision, and then he left. My father was literally twitching to talk to me all night, but he ended up locking himself away in his bedroom as to keep his mouth shut. Honestly, I found it hilarious and very refreshing. It's been so long since I had a quiet night without him yelling about something.

A chime from my phone lets me know that Beowulf is outside waiting for me. A smile lights up my face as I practically run out of the house and to his lifted truck. He's had this truck since high school. It was his baby back then and it's his baby still today. Of course, he has two new babies and another on the way now. This truck will always have a spot in his heart.

I yank open the door and then jump in. Immediately my eyebrows raise as I hear the song The Wheels on the Bus playing from his speakers. I turn in my seat to look in the back to find a toddler kicking his little feet in his car seat. Next to him sits his elder brother in his own car seat.

"Well hello there," I greet happily. I haven't seen these two little monsters in over two weeks.

Tyson is the older of the two, he is also the Beta heir to the Black-Shadow Pack. He is six-years-old and in kindergarten right now. He looks like his father's mini-me. He has the same blonde hair his father has, the same brown eyes, even their facial structures are the same. He is tall for his age, too, just like his biological father, Ridge.

Sherlock is Beowulf's blood son. He is four-years-old and looks like Beowulf. They have the same dark brown hair, piercing green eyes, and he has a love for Boxing. Sherlock is the wild one between the two. He has no problem letting you know who he is and what he does and doesn't like. He likes to pick on his elder brother Tyson and acts like he is the older of the two. Tyson is a champ and doesn't let his little brother get to him and he takes good care of him.

"What's with the kiddos?" I ask as I turn to look at Beowulf who pulls away from the curb.

"They wanted to come," He says with a shrug. "I figured seeing their uncle Niles would be good for them,"

I grin as I yank my seatbelt on before looking back at them again. "I'm always happy to see these monsters,"

Sherlock giggles and kicks his little legs even more as he lets out a squeal. Tyson just smiles at me with those calculating little eyes of his. I asked once and Ridge said it's because he's a werewolf. Werewolf pups understand things sooner in life than human children. And since Tyson is also a Beta he learns twice as fast as any werewolf pup. He's just curious and figuring out everything but it unsettles some people when they go out.

"So," Beowulf says as he maneuvers through traffic.

"So?" I ask.

"So," He says slowly. "How have you been?"

I raise a skeptical eyebrow at him. I have a feeling that's not what he wanted to ask me and is just breaking the ice. I roll my eyes with a sigh.