Chapter 28

Leandre didn't say a single thing the whole ride to Montréal, honestly, it made me uncomfortable. When we finally arrived I was so glad to get out of the car and breathe. But of course, Leandre was faster than me and opened the door for me. But, I was still able to breathe as soon as I got out into the fresh air. And the air is fresh, compared to Minneapolis, the air is very clean and fresh even with us being in a large city.

And of course, a valet is there to take the keys from Leandre to park the car. This is another reason I chose to wear the nicest clothes I could find in my closet. I knew he would take us somewhere fancy.

There is even a freaking door greeter who opens the door for us. I don't understand what he says aside from the greeting he gives us. I do know, however, that the way he greets Leandre and bows his head slightly as he opens the door for us that Leandre must be popular around here. By now it doesn't surprise me. 

My suspicion that he is popular only gets worse as the host promptly excuses himself from the customers he was supposed to be seating as soon as he spots Leandre walk in. He greets Leandre and gives him a small bow, which I find very odd. Leandre exchanges a few words with him before he nods and leads me into the restaurant. We walk past all the tables that are spaced far enough apart to be considered private, and all the way to the back of the building. Then, Leandre leads me to an elevator that has glass mirrors for walls.

"Where are we going?" I ask once the doors close to show our reflections, proving that Leandre outshines me horribly.

"To supper," He replies.

I feel my eyes roll of their own accord. "Yeah, but why are we in an elevator?"

"I assume you would rather have a private room than have people gawking at you and the staff over-treating us. Am I correct?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Why would people gawk at me?" Do I really look that out of place? Maybe I really should have changed.

"I already told you why, because you are stunning," He says matter-of-factly.

I huff in annoyance and ignore his false comment. "Okay, why would the staff over treat us?"

He glances down at me for a moment before looking straight ahead again. "Because I own this restaurant,"

My jaw drops. "No way, seriously?"

"Yes," He answers. "Next time we will go someplace I do not own, but with the short notice this was the best I could do,"

I shake my head in bewilderment. I wonder if he has ever eaten someplace that doesn't require a reservation ahead of time. Maybe someday I can take him someplace simple where walk-ins are welcome. Although, I doubt the food would to his liking considering the food he's used to is probably all extremely high quality. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the food at his restaurants is imported.

When the elevator dings, Leandre leads me down a short hallway that has six closed doors. He leads us to the farthest one in the back. A keypad sits on the wall that Leandre punches a number into. The pad turns green as it lets out a low buzz to signify that the door has unlocked.

Leandre opens the door and the lights turn on automatically. He holds the door open for me so I walk in and inspect it. The walls are a deep red with a set of French doors with curtains that match the wall paint. Another door is just off to the left and I wonder what it's purpose is for. A single table that has only two chairs is in the center of the room. An unlit candelabra is a centerpiece and an iPad sitting on the table along with two menus.

"Where does that door lead?" I ask curiously as I point to it. Probably much to curious about a door then I should be.

"To a private bathroom," Leandre replies.