Chapter 7

I needed to get away from the staring people because I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't stand how unbelievably jealous I am. Leandre isn't mine, not in the slightest, so I have no right to be so jealous of all the people staring at him. I also shouldn't be jealous that people don't seem to even notice me when Leandre is around. He can't help that he looks like a literal God and I look like an unappealing potato.

I say unappealing potato because potatoes are awesome! They make fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, chips, and so much more! Any day that a supernatural creature, like Leandre, isn't around, I consider myself to be a semi-appealing potato. I'm not saying I'm extremely attractive but I'm not saying I'm not ugly, either. I'm just a potato with my good and bad days determining what kind of potato I am. But even next to my friend, Ridge, who is a freaking werewolf, even then people still look at me. But with Leandre, whatever he is, people don't even acknowledge my existence. And it hurts.

And Leandre has either gotten used to the staring by now, or he really doesn't notice them. He just stares at me, not looking at a single person unless he has to. That's frustrating too, that he can't seem to see how he affects other people. How he affects me. He doesn't even have to be doing anything to capture the attention of everyone around him. And then he speaks and everything gets worse.

Why is he so fucking ridiculously attractive?

He tilts his head to the side once more. He does that a lot and it's fucking adorable. I don't know if he does it on purpose or if it's just something that's natural. Something that happens on its own when he is curious about something.

"Why do you keep frowning?" He asks.

I blink in confusion at him. I didn't realize I was even frowning. I really shouldn't be surprised that he even noticed considering he hasn't taken his eyes off me, not even once.

"I didn't realize I was," I mutter.

He doesn't say anything for a moment, just watches me with that damned head tilt. When he does reply he has an almost wounded expression that has my heart skipping a beat.

"Am I upsetting you?" He asks in a soft voice I didn't realize he was capable of doing.

I blink in surprise from his question. Why would he think he is upsetting me? Am I seriously giving off that kind of vibe? Sure, I haven't really spoken to him all that much, and I have rolled my eyes at him a few times, but I didn't think I was giving off a vibe that would make him think he was the problem with my bad attitude.

Okay, Leandre is the problem, actually. He is fucking hot and every person around knows it and can't keep their eyes off him. I feel unbelievably jealous and I have no right to be. I shouldn't be angry that people keep staring at him. I shouldn't be feeling sorry for myself because I'm not as good looking as him. Leandre shouldn't be the problem, but he is, and it makes me feel even worse. He isn't doing anything wrong but I feel like he is even though I know he isn't.

"Do you not see the stares?" I ask, surprising myself. I was going to tell him no, tell him he was fine and wasn't the problem, but my mouth totally betrayed me and said what was actually on my mind instead. Stupid traitor mouth!

He blinks a few times as if confused with my question. Then, he does a sweep around the food court before looking right at me again. A small smile forms on his face and I swear my heart literally stopped for a second.

"I guess not," He replies. "I notice the people, but not that they stare,"

"How?" I ask completely confused. You'd think he would notice with literally every person staring at him like he is the president or something. "How do you not notice?"