Chapter||50

Sans POV

Tears swelling into his eyesockets, he helplessly laid on the hard tiled floor as papyrus began to walk away. A small whimper escaping him as he seen papyrus crumble into dust. The faint sound of chirping being the only background noise, his entire body hurt and nothing was coming to find him.

Looking at the small piece of cloth in his hand, he dragged in closer to him. Gritting his teeth as his bones stung and creaked in discomfort. "P-Pap-py.... b-bro-o...." Beginning to get blurry eyed with tears, he felt a large sense of loneliness. No one wanted him here, why was he still alive. The one person keeping him together disowned him, the one person who trusted sans the most and he broke that trust by turning his soul bitter.

Hearing the faint click of shoes, sans breath hitched as they slowly got closer. He hoped they come to kill him off but, as two hands set atop his skull and spine. Warmth spread through his being, the dust of his ribs taking form and connecting back to his frame. Turning his head to look up, the person was tall and lean.

He wanted to believe it was papyrus when he blinked the tears away momentarily and seen a skull for a head. Mumbling out to them hopefully. "B-Bro-o..." A deep but saddened chuckle left the stranger. They sounded familiar, but sans couldn't remember why. "No... I am not your brother... For I am sorry of what has happened sans. You've been through so much." When he was lifted up, sans got a better but still blurry look at their face.

One eye shut as cracks led from both eyes, his purple pupil giving sans a sense of formality with this person. Leaning his head against their black coat, his senses where filled with a chemicals and that electric smell when a computer is left running for to long. The person cradled sans gently, beginning to move again as he spotted something floating around the person. "Let's get you home, you deserve a break.."

Sans only mumbled in agreement, he didn't want to be in this hall any longer. While walking he felt a shift of weight, the voice of the river person telling him that they where most likely at the hot lands stop. "Tra la la la la, hello to the man who speaks in hands." The voice chuckled in reply. "Very funny dear.. it's nice to see you as well. To snowdin, if you will." The boat lurched forward, making sans grunt in discomfort as two more hands set against sans. Confused of who they belonged to he seen the faint look of the river person facing him.

His eyes to sore form crying to see their face while leaning his head against the strangers chest. "What is this? Tra la la a broken soul of hope. Fortune will reward you soon, believe in the one you hold close." Sans didn't want to hear their philosophical bullshit, covering his skull and turning his head away. He wanted to die, plain and simple.

Everything hurt, physically and emotionally. Nothing was going to change what happened down here, everyone who was nice is gone. Replaced by savage monsters, who preyed on each other without mercy and destroyed what little good was in themselves. Being set down in a familiar room, he was confused when he smelled your scent below him.

Looking up the stranger was gone, your hand in his while you seemed to be dozing off while rubbing his skull. "(Y-Y/n)..." Seeing you shake awake, he held on tighter to your waist. "Huh? Oh, what?" Coming back to your senses as you looked down to him. He used his magic to drag your phone over, handing it to you. "P-Please ca-all pap-py..."

He stuttered, confused and worried while watching you dial his brothers number. Hearing the familiar tone on the opposite end. He couldn't hear the full conversation between you and paps. "Hey um sans wanted to check on you.. uh, I dunno if he wants to. Hold on where? Paps, hold on I'm passing the phone to sans." Holding the phone out, sans quickly took it from you hand. Holding it to his skull "papy?"

His brothers voice was enough to calm his unsettled nerves. "YES! HELLO SANS, DO YOU NEED SOMETHING?" Sighing in relief, sans nodded for a moment. Forgetting papyrus couldn't see him. "Y-yes, can you pl-lease come home.." he glanced up to you, before looking to the side when he noticed you where staring. "OF COURSE! OH...HOLD ON- What is it? ....Oh now? Er okay, hold on let me tell sans." Twitching at the unfamiliar mumbling from beyond the small phone. Sans' eye socket went black as it took all he could not to break your phone.

"YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT A MOMENT SANS! UNDYNE SAYS SHE HAS FRIENDS TO SHOW ME!"