Chapter||53

Eck, sorry for the long wait :'>
Also sorry if this chapter is a bit hard to read, i tried to simplify it but this was the best i could do.

//////////////////

(Y/N)'S POV

Hissing in pain, your arm bubbled with more of the black substance. Shielding you from the shock that threatened to run through your body as the soul of perseverance cackled. You told them that you wanted to help them, telling them you could set them free from this prison. Their grin faltered while the hold on their book loosened.

"ThEy wAnT tO bEliEVe yOu" You hesitated before pressing the save button again, which allowed them to smile softly and fade away. The same solution of talking to and then saving them worked on integrity. Yet some how you knew the only option of stopping both justice and bravery was through fighting.

With them both appearing together in front of you, you gave them a look of determination while preparing to fight. Bravery charged at you while justice pulled out their guns, right you forgot about that. Blocking bravery's punches while narrowly avoiding the bullets that justice shot at you. You struggled to stay on your feet with the strength behind the two souls. Bravery waited for one of the bullets to pass before throwing another hit, deflecting it with your arm.

You waited for justice to reload and aim, jumping out of the way of the bullet which bravery backed up for. Allowing you to jump at the soul and grab them into a head lock. Turning bravery towards justice to stop the rains of bullets, bravery struggled in your grasp and elbowed at your ribs to get you to release them, to no avail. You told them both that they didn't need to fight you anymore and that if they stopped this that you could help them.

Explaining that the enemy was not you or the soul they where forced to combine with, you were going to save them from this. Adjusting your hold onto bravery's shoulders after they stopped struggling, they both looked to you then each other. Bravery left your hold to go to justice, holding their hand out for them to take. Justice hesitated as they where unsure to trust your plan or not, slowly reaching their hand out before bravery full out hugged them.

The two fading away with silent laughter and tears. "Was that everybody...?" You felt like you where forgetting someone, stepping back from the battle you flinch as your back bumped into something. The creatures breath hot above your head as they let out a low snarl, slowly raising your head to look up at it. You found a feral papyrus, who was letting out low whines of pain and struggling to keep himself together.

He slowly leaned his head down to your height, his bones crackling in restraint while he struggled. Turning around to face him, you gently set a hand on papyrus' cheek while feeling sorrow for the betrayal he must feel. "I'm so sorry papyrus...Your in a lot of pain aren't you...?" His slow nod made your frown darken, carefully hugging the gentle giant.

"I'll fix this.. I promise papyrus..." His sorrowful whine struck your heart with a heavy sadness as his form gave way, dust floating in the breeze as nothing but his scarf was left. "I promise..."

Oh god, how where you going to explain this to sans. He'd moat likely kill you just to force you to reset. His brother was the only piece of life he had and evidence pointed to you even though his form was going to give way anyways. Your mind flickered back to the battle between undyne and sans, the two still throwing projectiles back and fourth while dodging.

Sans was trying to get closer but all of his attempts where blocked and he'd been forced to step back. Mustering up the little strength you had left, you grabbed a rock and chucked it at undyne's head. Striking her right in the cheek and in her surprise, her crown fallen off her head. "HEY CODFISH!!" Her attention directed to you, giving a deep snarl as her glare made you want to tremble.

"ASGORE WOULD'VE NEVER MADE YOU RULER!!!" You knew that would strike her, an just as you suspected the bloody queen's rage overflowing. "YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING YOU PATHETIC FLESH BAG!!!" Raising her trident, she prepared to throw it but with her mistake, sans was able to get close. His axe raised high with pure disgust in his eyes.

"ONE HEAD DOG COMING UP!!!" Undyne screeched as the axe collided into her throat, knocking her head right off her shoulders leaving it to tumble through the hall. Her body struggled as her soul began to collapse, fighting desperately to stay alive. Her mouth moved but no words fell as she spat up blood and drool, an just as all monsters do, she faded away to dust unable to live on as she was.

"(Y-Y/n)...." Sans spoke weakly, holding his chest as he had to lean on the axe to keep him up right. "W-Where's pap-ps...?" He asked, you knew that's the only think he cared about right now and the truth clogged in the back of your throat. Unable to tell him, you walked closer while holding the dust coated scarf and slowly held it out to him.

"I-I'm sorry..." Sans looked at the scarf with disbelief, his eyes beginning to water as he reached out for the scarf. "N-No.. no...no..t-this was supposed to be diff-ferent.... w-why.. why did-dn't he live... no.. n-no.. p-paps.." His hand clasped tightly onto your own, his other arm dropping the axe to grab the front of your shirt as all his weight shifted forward. Unable to hold him up, you fell on your rear as sans collapsed to his knee's and gave you a desperate look of sadness.

"(Y/n) you h-have to reset!! Reset dammit!! Just fucking reset!!!"