(ENG) Chapter Four

A month later, Arthit was able to walk normally without a wheelchair anymore. However, except his own rooms and its surroundings, he never set foot in another room, he also never went down to the ground floor but only peered from the glass wall, observing the foreign objects he had never seen or touched before in curious.

Sometimes he also looked out the window, enjoyed the fresh natural scenery in the courtyard, and suddenly he was shocked by the sound of lawn mowers and automatic sprinklers watering the grass in the garden, though curious, but he never asked.

Besides that, he also cannot tell the different between night and day if he does not look out the window, because the lightning inside the house always on, as if no different between day and night.

However, he already knew how the light work and knew how to operate the switch, so when he was going to sleep at night he would turn off the lights by himself and turn it back on the next day, otherwise he would not be able to fall asleep because the light get into his eyes.

But there is one thing that makes Arthit wonder, why the temperature on the balcony and inside the room have big different.

Obviously it was summer, and the sun was shining and made him sweat if he stood for more than ten minutes outside, but as soon as he stepped inside, the temperature around him turned cold instantly like magic.

The workers also have known him, uncle Liu told them that Arthit is his son from China, and has mental disorder, but no one knew where he really came from.

He also never spoke to anyone, because no one understood what he was saying, and vice versa.

Nevertheless, Arthit understood several words uttered by the workers, because all this time Uncle Liu had always taught him some of vocabulary while have a chat with him.

That morning, Arthit was curious about the metal door that could open and close by itself in the grand hall to the living room. He often saw workers, and Uncle Liu went inside and suddenly they appeared at downstairs in an instant.

But he never looked inside the door, and only peered from a distance, so he felt curious and decided to approach it suspiciously.

Arthit tried to push and pull it because he did not find the knob. Then he remembered, people pressing something on the wall and the door opened.

Arthit then observes the panel attached to the wall between the two metal doors, he tries to touch it and pressed the up arrow button.

Not long after, there was a loud noise and the door opened.

Arthit was shocked and stunned to see inside the door there is a small room but there was no other door or stair, then how could those people appear in one floor below, he thought.

Hesitantly, he stepped inside while examines the wall, and thought there might be a secret door.

Suddenly the door behind him closed, making him jump in surprised and immediately turned around.

He froze and stared at the door for a moment, then tried to open it manually as before, but it didn't work, he began to panic and tried to calm down while scanning around the room.

Arthit found a button on the panel next to the door, and pressed it randomly.

Suddenly the room is moving, make him panic instantly and his face turned pale as he leaned against the wall, his heart seemed to fall as the elevator moved down and stopped.

After a while, finally the door opened and Arthit hurriedly stepped out before it closed again and move by itself.

Arthit stared at the elevator for moments then he turns around and scans the room.