(ENG) Chapter Twenty Five

Nan returned the colt she found in the cave to Kong and a syringe that resembled with the serum.

"This is the anti-serum!" answer Nan before Kong had a chance to protest.

"Kong and Toey exchanged glances for a second then turn look at the girl curiously waiting for explanation.

"When I was born...I ever injected by the serum..." Nan began her story that shocked both of guys. She told about what really happened to her but she didn't mentioned about Kong.

"Your mother actually was uncle Tum's ex-lover?" Toey surprised. "But, I never heard him mention about it, not even once..."

"They had a fight, because of Uncle Tum's blind obsession toward the desire to find elixir of immortality..." Nan laughed bitterly. "Didn't even care how dangerous the serum is!"

"So, you said...you're adopted?" asked Kong changed the subject. "...and you has a twin brother?"

Nan nodded. "I'm lucky to be alive..." she tried to divert the topic.

"Do you know where your twin brother is now?"

Nan paused while staring at Kong straight for moment and shook her head.

"So, how did she make the anti-serum?" Toey wonder.

"Don't ask me! I don't have any idea about that, what I know is, she did it to save me!"

"This is really funny..." Kong laughed. "Your mother secretly research the anti-serum, while uncle Tum focus on develop the serum..."

"What's your point?"

"I mean, since your mother had found an anti-serum, why didn't she tell uncle Tum, both of them originally work together on this, aren't they?"

"You don't understand!" Nan protested.

"So uncle Tum would stop his obsession over the damn book, so that they wouldn't suicide by went to China to discover the mummy, and all of this stupid incident wouldn't be happen, they also able to save many life!!!" Kong emotion burst out like a volcano.

"So you will not meet Arthit!" cut Nan. "Is that what you mean?"

Kong shut up at once and glared at the girl straight, his heart was like stabbed by the words.

"My mom sacrificed herself to make this anti-serum for cure only me, she never want to be renowned by worldwide and let the bad guy having it to make money!"

Kong silent at once and looks regret. "Sorry..."

"Never mind." Nan lightly patted on his shoulder. "Anyway, let's save P'Pang first, before it's too late!" she changed the topic.

"What do you mean?"

Nan weighted for a moment before hesitantly took off her shoes and socks, showing her amputated toes. 

"My mother said that I had just started therapy since I was three years old, she thought the effect of the serum would last a long time, but it turned out she's wrong, so once the cryoprotectant substances in the blood expired, the cell tissue will be slowly burn and die..."

"So it is not permanent?"

"Nothing permanent in this world!"

"So, how long the serum able to preserved the body from dying?"

"I do not know, but anti-serum also does not cure instantly, he still needs to undergo long therapy to get back to normal...because his condition has been frozen first, unlike uncle Tum..." Nan stopped immediately, when he realized if her tongue slip.