five

THE JOB

•••

The gang sat in the basement listening to the guitar solo from Peter Frampton's 'Do You Feel like We Do' for the sixth time. Jackie swayed behind the couch while Beth rolled her eyes slumping in her seat between Donna and Kelso.

"I just want to hear the guitar solo one more time!" Jackie beamed skipping over to the turntable.

"Use the headphones!" Hyde pleaded,

Jackie plugged in the pair of headphones and slid them over her ears. Hyde waited for a moment before mumbling,

"Good now wrap them around your neck."

Baby giggled shaking her head at him as Eric spoke up,

"Would you guys respect me if I worked at the town dump?" He asked with the newspaper in one hand and a Sharpie in the other.

"The town dump? No, but the state dump," Donna wagged her finger at him with a smirk, "Why are you looking for a job?"

"Everything costs money." Eric sighed circling a help wanted ad, "Gas, clothes, fun."

"Dates; dates cost money." Kelso added.

"No, Kelso that is prostitution." Fez shakes his head at his friend thinking he was being foolish.

"Dating is prostitution, man. Except you don't always get what you paid for." Hyde jumps in.

Baby rolled her eyes, "Real classy, Steven. No wonder you don't get any."

"Trust me, baby I get plenty." He smirks looking over at her.

"Hyde, you've never even had a girlfriend," Donna points out.

"What? You guys don't remember Esther the biker chick?" He raised his eyebrow. The group shook their heads.

"Right and where is she now, Hyde?" Beth stared at him waiting.

"She's dating my uncle." He shrugged it off turning towards the TV.

"On that note, I'm going home for dinner." Donna pushed herself off the couch, "Oh my parents are going to the playboy club up at Lake Geneva, do you guys want any souvenirs?"

"Ooh, ashtrays!" Hyde said excitedly,

"A snow globe," Baby sat up,

"A woman!" Fez dreamed.

"Your parents are going out of town?" Jackie asked taking off her headphones.

"Yup, I'm going to be alone watching TV. I might order pizza..." Donna down at Eric rocking on her heels, but he remained absorbed in the paper.

Bethany looked at her twin as though he was the biggest idiot in the world, which to be fair he totally was. It was so obvious that Donna wanted him to go over there so they could be alone.