eighteen

THE GARAGE SALE

•••

Everyone sat around the basement in their usual spots with the exception of Baby on Hyde's lap.

"Michael, I want you to take me to the movies." Jackie said as more of an instruction then wishful thinking.

"I'm way ahead of you. Two o'clock, Smokey and the Bandit!" Kelso said looking over the funnies in the newspaper.

"No, I already told you I don't want to see that again. I don't like the south." Jackie said slowly trying to get it through to him.

"Want to go see The Goodbye Girl?" Donna suggested.

"Well I would but it has two major flaws, no Smokey and no bandit." Eric grinned highfiving Kelso.

"Yeah plus isn't The Goodbye Girl a chick-flick?" Kelso asked.

"You moron," Hyde scoffed.

"Girls like to make out during chick-flicks." Bethany clarified.

"Well then I'm in!" Kelso cheered.

"Me too, I'll come and watch." Fez grinned.

Everyone looked at him concerned and creeped out.

Kitty and Red came in through the basement door,

"T-minus one hour until the garage sale! Oh I feel like an astronaut! Oh, Red remember how badly the twins wanted these roller skates. Oh the yo-yo and the potato gun."

"Yeah until Eric scrapped his knee and got too scared to use them." Baby teased.

"And when you shot me with the potato gun!" Eric recalled.

"Not my fault I'm such a good shot," Baby grinned.

"Yeah you two wasted a lot of my money," Red said disinterested.

"Damn us and our childhood." Eric said sarcastically.

"You know, Mrs. Forman I feel real bad. I mean you let me stay here and everything but I wish I had something to contribute to the garage sale." Hyde said.

"Oh, Steven your loving smile is contribution enough." Kitty said pinching his cheek, Baby pinching the other with a giggle.

"No it's not. You can start by keeping your hands off my daughter!" Red scolded. Baby jumped up from Hyde's lap immediately quickly sitting on the armrest on the other side of the couch.