fourty two

THE UNEXPECTED EXPECTED

•••

Baby sat in the green chair of the Forman's living room while Donna and Eric sat on the couch being hovered over by their parents.

"Of all the dumbass stunts you kids ever pulled, this little California adventure takes the dumbass cake!" Red spoke sternly.

"We are very disappointed in you, Eric." Kitty said, looking between her twins, "Even though going to California to rescue Donna is one of the most romantic things I have ever heard."

"That's true. If he had gone by horse, they would have made it a movie." Bob nodded.

"Look, Mr. Forman, before you get all scary and pink, I just want to say that running away to California was completely selfish and immature." Donna stood up as she made eye contact with Red.

"And as for me, as long as I live under your roof and eat your food, I should be doing things your way." Eric said trying to appeal to his father.

Baby and Red rolled their eyes and mumbled in unison, "What a load of crap."

"You two are not above the law." Red scowled, "Now, Eric, hand over the keys to the Vista Cruiser."

The faces of the teens in the room fell. Donna and Baby looked to Eric in shock as he stammered out,

"What? Dad, no. The cruiser is my Batmobile. Without it, I'm just a guy in a silly outfit."

Baby cupped her hands around her mouth and whispered loudly to her twin, "That's not helping."

"Now, Eric." His father held his hand out,

Bob stood up, "A little time apart will do you kids some good. So, Donna I transferred you to the Catholic high school, Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow."

"What?" Donna said in shock,

"That's right, you're starting this week so you better get out your Bible and brush up on your Ten Commandments and that thing about the dwarfs." Bob nodded,

Baby furrowed her brows and looked to her mother and whispered, "The dwarfs?"

Kitty shook her head simply, "I don't know what he's talking about."

"Oh, don't have such a long face," Red said to Donna, "Bethany is transferring with you."

"What?" Baby's jaw fell open and jumped up from the chair, "Daddy, no, no. Please, I'll do anything to not have to go to that wretched school." The blonde begged to her father, she glanced over at Donna with a fake smile, "You'll have a great time."

Kitty looked to her husband, "Red, we never talked about that."

"We don't have to. I've got it all taken care of, I even bought you a new bible. Maybe you should start going to church with your Mother on Sundays, it'll help you a lot in school." Red smiled at his daughter, the type of smile he would have when disciplining Eric.