fifty four

THE ANGEL IN WHITE

•••

The Forman's Kitchen:
10:37 am, May 16th, 1979
The Day Before the Wedding.

Bethany sat around the crowded table with her mother, sister and Donna as they all worked on the last minute decorations.

"You know, Baby I have to hand it to you. You're pretty chill about all of this," Laurie complimented as she sorted through the decor.

Kitty laughed, "Chill? You should have been here when we told her."

The bride glared at her mother who then cleared her throat and apologized for the untimed comment.

"Thanks, Laur. I'm only so calm because Steven is being calm." She said as she fixed up some hanging lanterns with Donna.

"I thought there would've been a permanent Hyde-shaped hole in your kitchen wall," Donna chuckled setting aside her finished decorations.

"He's a great sport," the Forman girls agreed.

"Bethany, I know none of this is exactly what you wanted, but don't you think you've got exactly the right guy?" Her mother asked.

The blonde didn't have to think long about the answer but she still took a brief pause.

Her cheeks tinted red,

"I don't care what it all looks like. Hell, I don't even care if it pours down rain tomorrow cause he'll be waiting there, curly hair and all for me."

"That is so..." Donna and Laurie said together

"Cute," Donna said, feeling mushy and warm for her friend.

"Gross," Beth's sister said with a scrunched up nose and a cold heart.

Bethany rolled her eyes and the girls were greeted by a cheerful Jackie who ordered Michael to carry in the box of flowers Jackie had picked up.

Michael set the box on the breakfast bar counter and placed his hands on his hips while puffing out his chest,

"Hey, ladies."

"Hey, Kels."

Donna and Baby said, continuing to put together lanterns while Kitty and Laurie fluffed up fake greenery and untangled lights.