nine

THE RECONCILIATION

•••

A few weeks had passed, Bethany had been on a few more dates with Danny and had been talking to Steven even less.

Hyde had been on his fair share of dates as well but had taken the approach of going on dates with multiple different women. Baby didn't know if this was his way to show that he really didn't mean what he said or if he was just getting popular, either way she couldn't help but feel jealous.

Danny laid over top of Baby on the couch in her basement as they made out. His hand was slowly making its way up her maxi skirt as the basement door swung open.

"Ooh la la," Fez grinned from the doorway as the pair on the couch scrambled to opposite ends.

Baby pushed her hair out of her face as it turned red looking back to see the four boys.

"Wow, Eric," Kelso chuckled, "Both your sisters are whores."

"Kelso!" Eric shouted.

Baby's face fell into a frown,

"What the hell did you just say, Michael?" She spat at him getting off the couch.

"Uh nothing," Kelso said as his smile fell and his eyes scanned the room.

"That's what I thought." She glared.

Hyde walked past her pretending as if she wasn't there and went straight towards the disco boy sitting in his chair,

"Get outta my chair." Hyde demanded crossing his arms.

Danny shrugged looking up at him, "Man there's four other spots,"

"Then why'd you sit in my chair?" Steven asked growing impatient.

Danny was getting ready to fire back but Bethany interjected, "Danny, let's just go to The Hub, my shift starts there in about an hour anyway."

"You work at The Hub?" Eric asks raising his eyebrow.

"Yep, just started last week." Baby smiled proudly.

"Why are you working there?" Eric asked taking an open spot on the couch.

"I need money, you know for clothes and getting the hell out of here." Baby explained grabbing Danny's hand and pulling him up.

"But, Baby only ugly people have jobs." Kelso grimaced.

Baby chuckled, "You know it's funny, Jackie said the same thing."

Steven sat in his chair propping his feet up on the ottoman. He lost interest in the conversation after Beth mentioned her new job. He didn't like the fact that she was able to start getting money to save up and leave Point Place, even though he knew that's all she's ever wanted.