Chapter 3

I'm a Mess | Bebe Rexha

I turned to see him and he was so close to me. His nose and lips were right by an inch from mine. I moved back and felt my stool about to fall.

I held the table and saw his arm behind me. I glared at him and heard clicks on the floor. I turned to see the teacher and gulped.

"Everything alright Sara?"

The teacher stared at me. She looked sorry for me while she glared at Jin.

"I'm alright,"I said in a small voice and she nods walking back to check the rest.

I turned and glared back at him. I seriously thought I was going to get in trouble. And if I did. She would call my parents and get my brown ass self in trouble.

"Don't glare at me."I gave him an angry stare then turned to see a worksheet in front of me.

"Thank you,"I whisper and took it then started working on it which wasn't that hard.

The answers were on my notes.

"This is due tomorrow when you get into the class. So start it right away."She said and I sat looking through my notes.

"I need help."I heard a whisper and jump shocked that voice came out of nowhere.

"Grayson, did you do the notes?"I asked and he nods pointing at his notebook on the table.

He sits next to me but a few feet away. That's why I was confused about why I heard a different voice from my right side.

"But the teacher talked so fast, I only heard was esophagus. I don't know anything else."He frowned and I smiled.

"How about I airdrop the notes, you can copy them for the next quiz on Friday."

"Yeah...that would work."He fake smiled and my eyes furry.

Why did he fake his smile that quickly? And he's not looking at me. He's looking at the person behind me.

"Do you want anything?"I asked Jin and he smirked at me.

"Maybe you can airdrop me the notes too?"He asked and I sighed nodding.

"Fine, just turn it on,"I said taking a picture of the notes and send it to them.

But he's next to me, why would he want an airdrop?

"Thanks, I owe you."I nod and Grayson starts working.

I started on my work to feel uncomfortable because of how much he kept staring at me. I ignored it and I turned to see him working on the sheet.

I finished and looked at how much time there was left. Maybe a nap could work?

No, he's going to do something! Wait, he can't. That's stupid if he did. He wouldn't.

I pack everything slowly and quietly. I put my head down and started to fall asleep.

:::::::

School finished like a blur. Jin wasn't in any of my other classes. Which I thank Allah he wasn't. Because astagfirallah he's annoying.

I stayed for practice which meant my brother was going to the bus. I just want to go home. I did call my mother a few hours ago and she didn't mind it at all. Even though it's Jumma and we have to go to the masjid. She said we shouldn't today.

Maybe another drama is going on. I swear some of the ladies are annoying and talk to much crap. But they don't mind their own business. They'll start a fight no matter what the heck you're doing and where you are. Whatever they must've grown that way.

"Seems like you're here too."I looked to see an old bully, Olivia.

The reason I called her my old bully was because she bullied me a lot in freshman year. And yet she's still here trying to start it over again.

How did she bully me you ask? She first tried to become my friend. Then eventually started spreading rumors and threw me off the bus.

Meaningless to say. I was stuck with her until this year. I was happy I moved off from her and it was hard. She used to be me up everywhere I was but somehow no one was around to help.

"I heard you're a bad singer. Maybe you should leave. Because you're not needed here with your ugly voice."She laughed and walked to her friends with a smirk.

Those friends of her used to talk to me, they always asked for help. Always felt stuck with her dramas. But what did they do? They started talking to her and ignored me.

I don't know why they would leave me for some girl who hurt them, who caused them problems, and who made them cry.

"You alright?"I heard Poppy and I nod with a fake smile.

"Yeah, why don't we practice before the concert?"I asked her and she sighed looking at her phone.

"Something about Mr.Falls not here. The sub said he's going to be here two hours before food."I sat down on the tables outside and she sat in front of me.

"Why is she here when she's not singing?"I rolled my eyes and go on my phone.

"I don't really know, and I don't care."

I go play an episode of Dc Legends of Tomorrow. I heard music and dancing. I look behind me to see a dance team. That makes sense where the loud drop was coming from.

I turned back to my phone and I felt a tap on my shoulder to see my friend.

"Your dress?"I looked to see Melissa smiling at me and I smiled.

"Yeah, this is great, thanks."She shook her head chuckling and I looked at Poppy.

"I'll be back to wear the dress,"I said and got up to take the dress.

I went to go to the bathroom and changed. I held it up as I walked out. I looked at Melissa as she put my hair down and braided it.

"So it will remain wavy later, dude you look so cute."I smiled looking at the black dress.

Got my clothes and put them in my backpack. I walked out and she took out some shoes. I sat taking off my shoes and putting them in my backpack.

My backpack is big, and I put them nicer that's why it fits. She put some heels and I smiled.

"Looks good."I smiled and nodded while I stood up.

"Dude, you look amazing."I shook my head and she took off the braid to leave it a little wave.

She put hair spray as I coughed. She laughed and stopped. She put it away and I grabbed my backpack.

"Oh my, I saw this dress on eBay? Did you get it from there?"I heard and turned to glare at her.

"How would you know? I bet you shopped there."I said as Poppy laughed.

"Let's just go walk around to get you used the heels."I nod and walked around as we talked.