Chapter 49

Talk | Khalid

I listen to my music bopping my head and I smiled looking at the time. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and turned to see Jimmy.

I took one of the earphones out and looked at him confused. He smiled and looked cold.

Don't talk to anyone. No one cares.

"Hey, do you know where room two one seven is?"I nod and opened my bag to take out my blanket.

"Put this on, you look like your freezing,"I said and he smiled putting the blanket around him.

I point to it and he looked at the door. "Thanks, I'll see you later."

I went to my class and notice something. I turned and saw Melissa staring at me like she was staring at my soul.

I turned back and saw Cody smiling at me which made me stare at him confused. What's he doing here?

"Do you know where two one seven is?"I nod and point at it as he smiled.

"Thanks."

He left and I went to my choir class. Guess what we are doing today. Since Valentine's Day is coming we have to sing. And I'm put in as one of the singers.

I swear I don't know what to do. I don't like to sing. Honestly, I came here because I needed art credit.

You wouldn't be needed anyway. What's the point?

I sat and waited for the teacher to come. My name is the first one on the list out of all of them. I don't even want to think about it. And auditioning is a bad idea.

I don't know any English songs. At all, I'm in all Hindi songs. I'm going to suffer. I'll just sing tomorrow because I'm confused.

Confused because I can't just randomly sing Hindi songs out loud.

:::::::

I slam my head on the table and groan. How am I going to solve this? I'm lost.

"Wow, Princess doesn't do that."I looked up and glared at him as he grins.

He looked scared all of a sudden and I whined. What am I going to do? I let my head slam the table until I felt a hand on my forehead.

He's not going to care. No one cares.

"What are you doing?"I gulped and see Jin staring at me with a frown.

"I want to die. Move your hand."I said and he rolled his eyes.

"No, you'll lose your precious brain cells."

I sat up and stare at him sighing. I don't want to deal with singing.

"Now tell me what's wrong?"I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"My teacher is making me sing for Valentine's Day,"I said and he smiled.

"And that's a bad thing?"I glared back at Cody and he slouches down his chair.

"I don't know any English romantic songs,"I said and pouted.

"What music do you listen to?"I stare at Jin who drank an apple juice bottle.

"Hindi,"I said and he stared at me with a confused look.

"Why don't you translate them to English then?"I looked back at Cody and gulped.

"Genus!"I said and he smiled then something covered my eyes.

Seriously! Why is there a blanket on my head? Is this mine?

"I'm skipping class."I pout and push the blanket down then looked at Jimmy.

"Don't get in trouble,"I said and he nods taking food from Cody.

I should think about what song I should perform. But I'm scared. Honestly, I have a fright of being in front of people. And singing.

My voice sounds like a goat is scratching its back but can't since he hurt himself.

"So what are you going to sing?"He asked me and I frowned biting my lip.

"I have no idea,"I said and he nods turning his head around.

Why did he do that?

I shook my head a little and took out my phone to check some songs. I don't know what I should use.

I have a song called Spider-Man Meri Dill. What the heck? I giggle as I looked at all these stupid songs in my playlist.

Spider-Man Meri Dill. What's this? Freshman year. I was weird during freshman year. Man.

I looked up and they stared at me. Why are they looking at me like that?

"What?"

::::::

"My sister, can I have coke?"

I heard my brother ask and I stare at him. Is he kidding me? Coke? Now? Why is he like this?

"No, and stop asking me!"I said annoyed and he glared at me.

How many times will he ask me every day? Will this be a habit? I know I won't let this happen.

"BABA!"I yell and he took my phone holding it up to annoy me.

"Give me my phone!"

Why is he doing this? He's such an annoying person. And for a coke? I would rather do this for a bag of a whole year supply of food.

"Give it back! NOW!"I yelled as he put it higher and higher.

He's taller than me. He even has a beard. For a young age like him. I swear he looks like an older brother than a little one.

"Hamid, Give Sara her phone back. If you don't no allowance."I smirked as he handed it back.

"Give me a coke!"

"Coke coke coke! Is that all you want!"I asked and he looked at me.

"I'm tired of you. You're sick, go take care of yourself. Coke won't help you. You'll eventually lose your beard if you keep this up! And I'll LOSE MY MIND!"I said and he sighed.

I heard the doorbell ring and sighed. I went and opened to see Jin with the boys.

"Looks like it's the wrong time,"Fransisco said and I shook my head.

"Come on in."

I let them in and closed the door. I turn seeing my father come down.

"Sara, me and your mother are going to stay at your aunt's house. So you don't mind staying alone would you?"He asked and I nodded smiling.

"If someone comes Daka Marki--."

He cleared his throat and I nod. He doesn't want me to say the bad words. Not ever. He doesn't like bad words. Sometimes when my brother would say it. He threatens him with money. My brother saves that up for games. That's why.

"I get it."He said putting on his shoes and opened the door.

"Hi, Uncle Adam."He waved at them then kissed my forehead.

"Don't let Hamid burn the house down."I chuckle and he walked out.

"I HEARD THAT!"

I waved as he got into his car. I closed the door and went to the living room.

"So what are you boys doing here?"I asked as my brother pulled my arm.

"Actually we want to help you, find a song? And sing?"I nod and looked at him.

"Fine, after I make something. Stop bugging me!"I said and hear the doorbell ring again.

"Who is it this time?"I said and went to the door then opened to see him.

"What are you doing here?"