Chapter 6

That's Alright | EBEN

The weekend went like a blur. I was to busy taking care of my brother. Eating samosas that my aunt gave us on Sunday when she came to visit. I didn't talk to my father. I do forgive him, but he needs to understand that we are kids to be taken care of.

Not orphans to be thrown away like garbage just for you to look good. Same with my mother. She was just acting like she cared about people. But in real life, she'll ask, but won't do anything about it

"Dad sent money to some guy this morning. I found out since the account is connected with mine."I stare at my brother and he nods.

"Just let him, I don't care. He doesn't care if we have food in the house."

"But...then what about the bills."I sighed and stopped my tracks.

"Then it's going to add weight on his shoulders. He's going to deal with what he created himself. Then he will learn his lesson."He snickered and rolled his eyes.

"Let's not talk about this but at home, you study hard okay,"I said and he nods.

"Can I still hang out with Greg and Mason?"He asked me and I nod.

"If you see Jacob just leave. Don't ever get near him."I said and he nods smiling.

"I'll go to the canteen."I nod and follow him to get a French toast.

"I don't think you should pay attention to what you did in the past. If he asked for forgiveness, forgive him. But if he's a bad influence just tell him you can't hang out with him."I told him and he sighed.

"You remind me so much like shikh you should be one."I slap the back of his head.

"Shikh only cares about money now, that he's forgotten he will die soon and the money won't be needed in the future. Because the money won't follow him."I said as he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah."I stare at him and went to sit after we put our PIN numbers.

I sat and he sat beside me.

"Is this actually orange juice because it has more flavors than natural."I rolled my eyes and drank the orange juice.

"Nothing natural Hamid. Have you seen what they put in wheat and water?"

"Now go to your friends, don't stay with me too long. It feels weird."I said as he laughed.

"Yeah, see you after school."I nod and he got to meet his friends at a table.

"Dude, what's up with you and your brother? He seems nice than usual?"I shook my head as my friends sat next to me.

"Nothing, How was your weekend?"I asked them and they smiled.

"We watched Teen Wolf the whole weekend, you should've came to the sleepover,"Unique said wiggling her eyebrows.

"I was busy, and you know my brown ass is probably going to stay home after my parents say no."I chuckled and the shook their heads laughing.

"Oh, there is a fair going on this Saturday are you coming?"I shook my head.

"My parents are taking to my aunt's house. Her son passed away last night."I told them as they frowned.

Not the aunt from Sunday, that's Aunt Jamila. My other Aunt Diana. It's actually sad because of her sons only two years older than me. Inshallah, I hope my family doesn't have to go through that devastation.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you don't even know the guys. And yet you say sorry. It's not your fault."I said as Melissa rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to the computer lab to print some papers out. I'll see you later."Unique said and looked at Melissa.

"Yeah, me too. I have to check my grades and print what I'm missing."I nod as they waved leaving.

::::::

"Don't you think it's funny that you're all alone again?"I stare at Olivia and rolled my eyes.

"Not really, I won't want to get into someone business when they can't deal with theirs,"I said as she glared at me.

"Sara!"I heard and turned to see Jin smirking while waving at me.

"Hello, Jin."

"Would you mind coming with me for a second?"I pack up and looked at him.

"Sure anything up?"I asked as he stared at Olivia with a wink while she shyly smiled.

Seriously? She's such a fake to think about it. Sara, no Ghaybat.

"Yeah come with me."I nod and follow him as I held my straps from my backpack tight.

"Seemed like you were annoyed by her. Thought you would come with me since she wouldn't leave you alone."I stared at him and shook my head.

"It's fine, I wasn't annoyed."

I was actually. But how did he know? Was he staring at me or stalking me? I should be thankful at least.

"But thanks."He nods putting his hands in his pockets and looked away.

"Do you want to go sit? Maybe talk and start over?"I asked him as he turned to look at me.

I should give him a chance. I know I shouldn't listen to rumors but I did. He does look bad but I shouldn't judge a person by their look. How they say "don't judge a book by its cover."

"How about it?"I smiled and he stared at me for a second.

"Yeah, sure."

"We could go to the canteen since it's warm."He said looking away and I smiled.

"Yeah,"I said and went with him to the canteen.

I sat in front of him and watched him take out his phone. He put his phone on the table and leaned on his chair.

"Your number."I looked down onto his phone and nodded.

"I mean we are neighbors why do we have to have our numbers?"I asked him as I take his phone.

"Because we could text without our parents knowing what we are talking about. You know. Parents are scary."I laughed and added my number to his phone.

I gave it back and he smiled at me. Why is he smiling at me like that?

"Yeah, your right."