Chapter 15

Rabbit Hole | AViVA

Those few days were like a blur. Jin was around and he would just be laying on the couch, or in my room.

I would be sleeping, eating, throwing up or talking to Jin. I guess he wanted to take care of me for some reason. Which was nice of him.

But it's Friday now and I have to go to school today. I just have to grab today's work and turned the rest of the weeks work in.

Homework sucked. Honestly, I couldn't do it. But guess who was my motivation.

"I heard you got your homework emailed, and I brought your other stuff."I rub my eyes and turned falling back asleep.

"Put it on my desk."

"Your desk...it looks like you threw up on it!"He exclaimed as I heard footsteps behind me.

"If you want to pass your classes, and not fail. Just do the work. If you're still sick we can go to the urgent care."I turned my head to him and sighed.

"Okay fine, not because of what you said. It's because of urgent care. I swear they leave you on walk-in for like five hours and all you needed was a checkup. The doctors don't do anything but just sit there. And the nurses are smarter than them."

"You have some beef with them."I nod as he sat on my bed as I slowly sat up.

"I fought with them all the time. I would yell at them and the next thing you know I'm out with prescription ready at the pharmacy. Somehow they say I'm a mad man when it comes to being there. I complain too. A lot!"He stared at me.

"That's the longest I've ever talked."

"Okay, now you go do your homework and I go back to school before my Ma kills me."I nod as he walked out of my room.

I still have the virus, I take my medicine but I think I'm going to be okay. I'm not sure if it's going to last another week but I hope it leaves.

I walk into the school and went into the Canteen. I didn't feel like eating so I sat on a chair. I looked and saw my friends but they ignored me. Why are they doing that?

"Hey, Melissa? Hey Unique?"

They didn't answer me, they just ignored me. I've texted when I was home and they still never answered.

"If something's wrong just tell me if you don't want to be friends it's alright, you don't have to. But ignoring someone is wrong and you shouldn't stand proud for that because you'll go through the same way."I said and Melissa stared at me.

"Can we...can we talk outside? Maybe like somewhere that no one can see us hanging out with you?"I looked at them confused.

"But why? Did I do something wrong?"I asked her as she rolled her eyes.

Unique took my arm and pulled me out the canteen to the area no one ever comes until the bells ring.

"Look, we can't be friends anymore."

I guess my friend is sinking again. For another year. And all the memories will be like we were strangers.

"You're not going to ask why?"I shook my head and held my hands together.

"Why would I? I understand that you don't want to be friends with me. I'm alright with it. We could still talk, and say hi to each other at least."I said and Unique rolled her eyes.

"We wouldn't want to talk or say hi to you. We don't even want to get near you."

Why are they saying that? It's like what happened during my elementary years where I would just get hurt by everyone telling me they can't hang out with me. Or that they won't be friends with someone like me.

"But why? At least tell me what I did."I asked her sincerely.

I didn't ignore them, I texted them in the group chat but they even ignored what I texted. Why are they doing this to me?

"You're a Muslim right? We can't hang out with Muslim people, especially someone who's a liar, cheat and a fake."My eyes widen and stare at both who were just glaring at me.

"What? Since when did I lie, cheat or faked?"I asked them as Melissa rolled her eyes.

"You hooked up with Unique's ex after telling her it's not worth crying for, you lied about being your religion. You played fake with us. You acted like you were our friend but you weren't. You were just a user."I stare at them with wide eyes.

I never did those things. I wouldn't ever do those things. Why would they say such things that don't make sense?

"Maybe we should go, I don't want to deal with someone of her own kind."Unique hissed and pulled Melissa with her.

I didn't do those things. I wouldn't hurt anyone at all. I've never touched someone besides my father and brother. How would I touch someone else?

I felt tears dripping down and I wiped them quickly. I really wanted to scream and cry. But I couldn't.

I don't want to show them how weak they made me. Or that I might be asking for attention.

I gulped and held my breath. I breathed out and started walking to my math class to see Mary.

"Hey, how you feeling?"I nod and she frowned.

"Something wrong? You seem a bit upset?"I shook my head as she slapped a notebook behind my head.

"Hey, I'm talking to you. I haven't talked to you in a while beside saying hey or texting you about the homework."I put a fake smile and I looked at her.

"Yeah, seem like days went by quickly, remember when we hung out over there and a guy came to cover us and asked us questions?"She laughed nodding.

"Oh and that one time when Emily slipped from the puddle."I nod smiling a little.

"Or when Yosomi started screaming about how crying over her dead fish and brought to school to throw it at her ex,"I said as she nods while we both laugh.

"Man, good times."

"I love Riverdale. Cole Sprouse is just...perfect like what the fuck!"I laughed as she showed me what her phone was on.

"Seems like you still like Shawn Mendez,"I told her as she smiled.

"Like him? Have you seen his Calvin Klein Commercial?"I scrunch my nose as she laughed.

"I dare you to watch it!"

"I'm not watching it!"