Chapter 24

All My Friends | AJ Micheal

I ignored pretty much everyone. Even the stares. I guess I've gotten used to being quiet, now I just don't want to stare at people.

"So what's after school for?"I said as I stare at my brother Hamid smiling.

"Okay, So I thought maybe go to the park nearby. There are stores there and maybe get some food."I sighed and nodded my head feeling like breaking my neck.

"Great! Let's go!"I followed him and walked to feel someone behind me.

I turned and looked to see no one. I shook it off and followed my brother.

"So why did you ask me to come with you?"I asked him and he sighed.

"Maybe get away from home awhile. Mom and dad have gone psycho. It's hard to keep calm."He said shivering.

"I told you to wear a jacket this morning but no! I have a blanket in my backpack you could put on."I said and took out a blanket.

"Why do you have a blanket with you?"He asked me grabbing it with a smile.

"When the teachers allow us to do whatever we want, I just take my blanket out and sleep. For like the rest of the class period."

"I never knew that you were...like a sleepyhead."I pat his back giving him a small smiling.

"You know more than you think,"I said and saw the park closer.

"Yeah...I guess so."I heard him say as I heard kids shouting and playing.

"Remember when you fell from that swing back the old place we used to live,"I said as he hums.

I remember, he wanted to go on the swing and jumped on it. He was swinging on his stomach that he fell over. He cried because he thought sticks were on his forehead. While I laughed.

"Or when you saved me from drowning."I turn to look at him and he hugged himself.

Saved him?

"Well, a way to ruin the memory lane but why don't we go on the swings?"I asked as he nods.

"And it's not a bad memory of mine. It's a good one. Dad said I had to be strong and swim even if I drown. But you saved me from dying."I sat on the swing and frowned.

"You did a lot of things for me, and I didn't notice until you found me at Jacobs house."He stared at me with a sad smile.

"Of course, your my baby brother. I should take care of you."I said as he glared at me.

"Don't call me baby!"I rolled my eyes and swing'd slowly.

It was quiet and calm. For some reason, it wasn't awkward. It was nice.

"I heard about what's going on at school? How come you never talk about it to me?"He asked and I stare at him confused.

"What do you mean?"I asked him and he sighed turning his head to me.

"Your friends. Those two went with some girl you used to talk to...what's her name again?"He kept snapping his fingers.

"Olivia?"He nods pointing at me.

"Yes, I heard they are saying you made out with your friend's ex. I don't think you would do that."I stare at him and gave him a smile.

He knows me well. I even said so myself. He knows I wouldn't do those things. But everyone else's just believes what others would say. And don't want to listen to someone they should trust. It's a game.

"Why not tell the councilors or someone?"He asked me and I sighed.

"How did this become worse in the first place?"I asked as he held out his hand.

"Promise me something."I stare at his hand and back at him.

"What you said before, we can forgive but we know we can't forget. Instead of believing of making it worse. Just make it better by letting it go. Only fear the only creator."I stare at him shocked.

I...I forgot all about this. Not forgive or forget part, but fearing the only creator. The one who created me. Created the world.

Allah.

"You remember what I said?"I asked him and he nods with a smile.

"It's an important lesson that I learned from a Shikh."I rolled my eyes and put my hand on his.

"I didn't think you had a brain."He slapped his other hand on mine.

"Ow, sorry,"I said and held his hand smiling.

"We are going to walk to school like it was none of our business."I nod and he got up walking with the blanket around him.

He was walking to the left as I stared at him confused. That's going somewhere else.

"Where are you going?"I asked him and he smirked at me.

"To school!"

"It's the other way."I rolled my eyes as he stopped to stare at me.

"Then let's go."He marched and made me follow him back to school.

"Can't wait till tomorrow, we will go to the masjid and I'll be able to hang out with my friends."I chuckled as he pushed me.

"Stop laughing at me!"He said and I laughed loudly for him to hear.

"I'll kill you. I'll put you in the trash can in your sleep!"He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Do that and I'll burn your PlayStation,"I said and he glared at me in this anger.

"And you say to chill! I'll kill you when we get home."I raise an eyebrow and point at his stomach.

"You'll be thinking about food before we can even go home,"I said as he sarcastically laughed.

"Haha, very funny. I'll have a strength of a gorilla to pick you up after eating."I snickered as I looked at the street.

"Fatty,"I mumble and felt someone close to me to see him leaning by me.

"What did you say?"

I push him and he rolled his eyes. All of a sudden he whined as he called someone. Probably mother.

"Mom! Can you pick us up? Me and Sara had to stay after school."He moved his phone from his ear and stared at it.

"She hung up on me."I stare at him like he was stupid.

"Call Father. You know mother works an hour away."He started to call father on his phone as I wait in the cold.

"Baba, pick us up. I'm cold and I'm hungry."I stare at how disrespectful he's talking.

But it would make sense since I would be talking that way too. I wouldn't mind it.

"Okay, and then we can get pizza. Thank you bye."