Chapter 12

Lost | Clare Mae

"So it's a Sunday! Who wants to go shopping?"

I turned around and looked to see Jin playing on his phone in his room. I swear my mother has nothing to do but shop for the house furniture.

"Nah, I'm sleeping,"I said closing my eyes and trying to fall asleep after eating lunch.

"How about we take you to the doctor tomorrow morning? If you're not well, I'll take you to the hospital instead where they can put a needle in you because of how lazy you are."I cover my head and groan.

"MOM WHERE ARE THE SODAS!"I heard my brother yell.

"Seriously, there's you that's lazy and another that's a soda addict."I heard footsteps leave and turned my head to see my door closed.

I let my face get some air and felt sleepy.

"Sara do you want to play catch?"I shook my head as my brother ran to his friends to play.

"Hey Sara, do you want to hang out?"I smiled and nodded.

I walked with Gulsun. She smiled as we walked the basketball court and talking about our favorite things.

I walked back and see my mother worried.

"Where is your brother?"She asked me and I shook my head.

"I don't know, you said I should hang out."

I turned and looked around with Gulsun. My eyes widen and see my brother crying.

"Hamid!"I yelled and went to him as he kept crying.

"What happened? Are you okay?"I asked him and he looked at me with his tears.

"I fell and hit my head. It hurts."

I looked at his head and sighed. He's okay. I hugged him and kissed his forehead.

"You're going to be okay,"I said and he hugged me tightly.

"SARA!"I turned to see my mother staring at me as she glared at me.

"I told you to hang out but also to take care of your brother. And now he's hurt."I stare at her as she slapped me.

"Come, Hamid, let's get you some water."

I woke up and took a deep breath. I saw my mother staring at me with her arms crossed.

"Let's take you to the hospital, your really bad."I got out of my bed slowly and walked out.

I went down the stairs by myself. And put my shoes on. I got out to take a fresh air but it was cold. I was shivering. I guess it's because of my fever but I'm not that sure.

I got into the car and she came in. She took me to the hospital since the urgent cares are closed. We went into the emergency and they checked my temperature.

"How long has this been going on?"The nurse asked me and I rubbed my eyes.

"Since yesterday."

"Okay, we need you to get into the stretcher. And rest a bit."I nod and felt her hand as she took me to one of the stretchers.

"Did you throw up? Have fainted?"I shook my head and saw her writing it on her board.

"Alright. I'll call the Doctor."I nod and laid down looking at my mother who's on the phone.

"I'm going to go check on your brother since I left him at home. Once you're done just call me."She left while holding her phone by her ear and I sighed.

I felt a really bad headache and see the Doctor come in. He smiled and I gave a small smile.

"Hello, I'm Mr.Reid. How are you feeling?"He asked as I sighed.

"I have a headache, from the back."

"Open your mouth for me."I nod and open my mouth as he smiled.

"I'll take a little blood test, if that's alright."I nod as he grabbed a little pincher.

I held out my index finger and it pinched my finger. The blood came out and he took it on a small glass.

"If you need anything ask the nurse."I nod and he left.

I heard my phone ring and see it's my aunt. I grab it and answer it.

Jamila: "Hello sweetie, how are you? I heard you're in the hospital."

Me: "I'm alright."

Jamila: "Is your mother with you?"

Me: "No she went back home. She said she needs to check on my brother."

Jamila: "Alright, Do you want me to come over?"

Me: "It's fine, my mother will come back soon."

Jamila: "Okay Dear, hope you feel better."

Me: "Thank you Khala have a nice day!"

I hang up and saw the nurse come back. She handed me a cup of water and I took it.

"I'll check your temperature again."I nod and she started taking the thermostat.

I waited by my ear as she checked.

"It seems your getting higher. I'll get some ice packs for you."I nod tiredly and she ran out.

I closed my eyes and sighed. It's annoying. My head is throbbing and my neck feels stiff. While my throat is dry. Yah Allah, please help me.

:::::::

"Hey?"

I open my eyes to see my aunt smiling at me. She looked at me with her sad eyes and took my hand.

"The doctor called me. Since your mother never answered her phone."I slowly got up and groaned.

"I just want to go home,"I said and she put her hand touching my forehead.

"Of course you will. But do you want anything to eat? You haven't eaten all morning."I nod feeling my stomach rumbling.

"Khala, What happened?"I asked her looking at my wrists with patches on them.

"Your fever went high. But you're okay now."

The Doctor came and smiled.

"I will give you some antibiotics and maybe some vitamins for iron and calcium."I stare at him as he looked at his sheets.

"Would you like to ask any questions before you get to leave?"He asked us and I stare at my Aunt Jamila.

"Is she allowed to go to school tomorrow? She's still in shock."I blink as she stared at me with a frown.

"Yes, just for a few days. If you don't feel well, just come back or go to your urgent care."I tried not to snort and I didn't.

"Thank you."She said and he nods taking out the wires.

He put bandages on them and left the area with a smile only I knew was confusing. Because when you work at a hospital, it's hard. You also risk a life too.

I slowly got out of bed and my aunt held my arm. I put on my shoes and they brought a wheelchair.

She pushed me to the front counter and she got medicine notes for me. I got a school pass till Thursday and we left to the car.