Day 23.

23) Sleep under the stars.

Today is the last day of adventures, today, we're completing her bucket list. Tomorrow we're going to sit in each others arms and stay together till that time.

I couldn't believe this is the last thing on her bucket list.

I slowly packed the sleeping bags into the heavy suitcase. Alexa was in her deep sleep, her face as white as a sheet of paper and her breathing loud. It made me weak the thought of her gone, the thought that I wouldn't be able to hold her or kiss her or love her. If I could do something, do anything, to stop this I would.

No one deserves to die. I mean I believe in a life for a life but I'm pretty sure Alexa hadn't killed anybody.

I finally finished packing everything when Alexa woke up.

"Morning beautiful." I smiled, she blushed and smiled back.

"Morning Cal, what are you doing?" She asked as she tried to shuffle forwards, which didn't end well. She is getting so weak, it's now affecting how much she moves.

"Babe, watch it you might hurt yourself. I'm only packing two sleeping bags for tonight." I told her quietly as I sat her back on the bed. She frowned and pulled me into a kiss, I kept my hand on her back steadying her.

She smiled at me when I pulled away.

"I need a shower." She told me, I nodded and helped her into the bathroom. After she finished I had one myself. I walked our humming along to a Coldplay song.

I saw Alexa on the bed, her soaking hair getting the hotel covers wet. I smiled and went over, cuddling into her side. She brought her wrist up and I smiled at the two beautiful tattoos.

"Thank you so much Calum." She smiled at me, I nodded and hugged her.

We dried off and then got changed into some clothes. I wore a simple plaid shirt and black jeans, I slid on a grey beanie before helping Alexa. She wore one of my Green Day shirts and some of her black jeans.

I helped brush her hair before tying it up high.

"Come on let's go get some breakfast." I smiled and grabbed her hand intertwining our fingers.

We turned up at a cafe called Lana's. I slid into a booth and Alexa climbed in opposite me.

A short waitress arrived with black hair and very heavy black make up.

"Hi, I'm Jen, I'm your waitress for today, are you ready for drinks?" She asked.

"Yeah can I have a water please?" Alexa asked, Jen nodded and turned to me.

"Can I have a latte please?" I asked, she nodded before walking away muttering a 'I'll be right back'. I turned to Alexa who still had a smile on her face. How does she do it?

Jen returned with our drink and passed us the breakfast menu's. Alexa scanned over the menu and smiled at something.

"Can I have a full English breakfast?" Alexa asked me, I nodded. I decided on having the same.

"Are you ready to order?" Jen asked and I nodded.

"Yeah can we have 2 full English breakfasts?" I questioned and she nodded making me smiled.

"Thanks." I smiles before she walked off leaving me and Alexa to talk between ourselves.

"So what are we doing today?" Alexa asked sipping her water.

"Well after this we're gonna go down to the beach, stay there for a while before going to the hill, we get to the top, fall asleep looking up into the stars. Which was your last wish." I told her, she smiled and nodded.

"Love you." She said leaning over the table to kiss me.

"Love you too." I told her, she blushed before our food had arrived.

We ate our food and then we walked out of the cafe, leaving the waitress a small a tip. I bent down and Alexa looked at me weirdly.

"Piggy back?" I asked her. She nodded and jumped on, her legs wrapping around my waist and her arms gripping my shoulder. I carried her all the way to the beach, which wasn't long but she wasn't heavy so I could have carried her further.

I put her onto the soft sand and she sat down on it, picking it up and running it from hand to hand.

She smiled at the golden sand that surrounded her and she then stood up, brushed herself off and ran to the water. I laughed as she jumped away from the cold shore and ran after her. She was weak and I could see her fighting the pain.

"Ice cream?" I asked her, she nodded and I walked up to the pier, I grabbed two mint ice creams before passing it to her.

I walked back and saw her sitting in the sand and smiling at little kids who were messing around in the water. I passed her the ice cream and we sat eating it silently.

It wasn't long before the sun began to set, the bright colours were intense as the sun hid behind the clouds. I hugged Alexa to me happily and I rested my head on hers, which was on my shoulder.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." She smiled.

As the sky gradually got darker, I pulled her towards the hill. We trekked up the grassy fields till we reached the top. I pulled out he sleeping bags and laid them out, Alexa hopped into one and I did the same.

The bright, shiny stars shone down on us and Alexa looked even more perfect, if that was possible.

She laid there and stared at the stars like she was one.

"Promise me two things?" Alexa asked, I turned to promise her.

"Yeah?" I questioned curiously.

"If you have a little girl name her Haylee?" I was already planning on that.

"Of course. What else?" I asked her quietly.

"Don't be too upset when I'm gone and please move on."

She was saying all of this but I knew that was easier said then done.

A/N:

so since we're so close to the end what do you want to happen?😘

I would also want you to do me another huge favour can you go read End Up Here by Catrocksville001 she's seems really cool! please go read x

Comment? Xx

Vote? Xx

Ta babes😘😂❤️