CHAPTER EIGHT - SUCKER PUNCH

"I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars, I follow you through the dark, can't get enough."

-

CHAPTER EIGHT — SUCKER PUNCH

YEAR 2034

I frowned, "no."

"What do you mean 'no'? It has to be you, the time loop fits you perfectly, I'll send you back to 2005, and you'll try to warn the others," Five jabbed his notebook.

"How much time do I spend there, huh? It'll have to be until you figure out the perfect equation to break the time loop and find me!" I scowled.

"Which I will! I can find you! I just need a little more time!" Five replied frantically as he scribbled on his notebook again.

"I'll have no idea how long I will be living there! And without you, I can't time travel!" I fought back the urge to shout at him.

"Zero, it has to be you, I can't go or else you'll be stuck here on your own and I can't come back to find you, random time travel is a jump into the rabbit hole," he said. "But this! This is calculated! I can open up a portal in the time loop at a certain time!"

"You want me to stay in 2005 for fuck knows how long without knowing when I can leave? Hell no," I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Zero, please," he pulled me towards him, his voice pleading as he tugged on my shirt.

"No, I'm not leaving you!" I shouted, pulling away and sitting down on a bench.

"I can't go, it has to be you, even if we have the slightest chance to go it has to be you, I've got it all calculated and it will work, please," Five pleaded, his face scrunched up in hope of persuading me.

"I-I can't," I replied, my voice trembling.

"Love, I believe in you, you can and will do this, okay?" Five grabbed my hands tightly.

I breathed shakily. "Fine, but you hurry up, alright?"

Five grinned, standing up. "That's a promise."

-

-

YEAR 2019

Some things never worked the way they want to.

I panted, slamming my fist into a heavy leather boxing bag.

It swung to and forth, dangling from the ceiling.

"Zero?" A man asked.

"Hey, Perry," I grinned at the manager of the gym as I pulled the gauze that was wrapped around my hands.

"You're back! You know, I just saw this huge dude asking for Diego and I was thinking if you could maybe persuade him to join the team?" Perry grinned as he leaned against the ropes that surround the boxing ring.

"Looking for Diego?" I asked, looking up at him as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, huge tall guy, had a jacket all and everything," he nodded, tilting his head to the backrooms.

"Do you mind if I go check him out?" I said, picking up my gym back and shoving my things into it in a hurry.

"Go ahead, our team could really use some of that muscle," he beamed as I clapped his hand.

"I'll see you around!" I waved as I hurried over to the locker room and thrust my bag into my locker.

I walked cautiously towards the back, noticing the slightest gap of Diego's door and sucked in a sharp breath.