CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE - PREDATOR & PREY

"Something tells me a whole lotta people are about to die!"

-

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE — PREDATOR & PREY

"Fuck me." I breathed.

Vanya pounded on the heavy metal door, the inch of glass on the door allowing a shed of light into the compound.

"You locked up our sister because she has powers?" Diego asked calmly.

Klaus squished his face together as we stared at Vanya.

"Pogo told me. He's always known and so does Dad, and apparently Zero here does too," Luther said.

"Why hide this from us?" Diego placed a hand on the door that separated us from Vanya. "I mean, am I the only one who didn't know this place existed?"

"H-he hid so much from us," Klaus stammered his hands on the glass, staring at Vanya.

"He hid it because he was afraid of her," Luther stepped forward.

"That's ridiculous!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Is it?" Luther asked. "Dad's lied about everything else, why is this so far-fetched?"

"If you're right then maybe she's the one who killed Peabody," Diego turned to look at us.

"And cut Allison's throat," Luther added.

"Wait-I-No-Let's-Sorry, just, let's go back, alright?" Klaus' words were muddled up. "This is Vanya we're talking about, our sister! The one who always cried when we stepped on ants as kids!"

"Yeah, I know. I know it's difficult to accept-"

Klaus cut Luther off. "It's not difficult to accept, it's impossible to accept!" He moved his hands around, obviously frustrated.

"We can't keep her locked up without proof," Diego stated.

Luther was taken back, "What more proof do you need?"

"Why don't we just open the door and ask her?" Klaus' eyes were wide as he gestured at the door.

"Whatever the case is, I'm not letting you keep our sister in there," I scowled, walking through Luther and stepping in front of the compartment, reaching for the door.

"No! She's not going anywhere!" Luther scowled, reaching out to grab me.

I almost rolled my eyes when his hand passed through me.

"She needs our help! We know she has powers, based on what Pogo told you and what I know! This is exactly what Dad did all over again!" I shouted, glaring at Luther. "You are afraid! Just like him, I'm not keeping our sister locked up in there."

"If you open that door you're joining her inside," Luther loomed over me threateningly.

"We aren't helping anyone is we keep her locked up in a cage!" Diego squared up against Luther.

"And for all we know, she might be struggling with this new power," Klaus expressed, both hands over his chest. "I mean, it must be scary. Terrifying, really!"

Klaus continued on, pleading his case to Luther, "To discover that you can do something that you never thought you could!"

"If what Pogo and Zero have told us are half-true, she's not just a danger to us," Luther frowned.

Footsteps sounded behind us and we turned to find Allison making her way over, a notepad and pen in her hand.

Luther sighed. "Allison, what are you doing down here? You should be in bed."

Allison scribbled in her notepad, holding it up to show LET HER GO in capital letters.

Luther shook his head, "I can't do that. She hurt you."

This time her scribble showed the words was MY FAULT.

"I'm sorry but she's staying put," Luther replied.

"I'm taking her out," I growled, turning the wheel on the door.

Luther reached for me again, this time leaving his fist in my body. "Walk away; I know you can't phase back when something is phasing through you. Walk away, Zero."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I clenched my fists, focusing on not solidifying and dying with Luther's hand through my chest.

"Zero," he warned again. "Walk away."

I let out a sob as Luther directed me away from Vanya. "Why are you doing this?" I yelled at Luther, tears welling up in my eyes as my fists trembled.

His fist didn't move from my chest, keeping me away from Vanya, who was screaming and crying at us through the tiny glass window on the door.

When Luther finally released me, I fell, stumbling backwards. Diego barely caught me and hissed into my ear, "We'll get her out later. I promise."

"I hate him," I whimpered, pressing a hand to my chest as I breathed shakily.

Diego wrapped an arm around my shoulders, gesturing to Klaus to go as he led me out from the underground room. "We will get her out, I know we will. I promise."

————

oh wow. i finally updated after like what, a two? three-month hiatus?? this is unedited raw material and i will post asap :))

this is pretty rushed but i wanted to do this because WE'RE FINALLY GETTING A SEASON 2 AND I'M EXCITED!! also this is like a really short chapter but expect more content!! 72 days till season 2 people!!