CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - SOUL KITCHEN

"Daddy made me dance, and Daddy held my hand. Daddy liked his whiskey with his tea."

-

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR — SOUL KITCHEN

I sat there, clutching Five's ring tightly as Klaus just stared.

I slipped it into my pocket, twirling my wedding ring this time.

"So, are you okay?" He asked.

"Did you actually fucking asked if I am okay? What the fuck, Klaus? What the fuck?" I snapped, throwing my hands up angrily and slamming a heavy wave of shadows towards him.

Klaus barely dodged it, jumping from his spot on the table and ducking away, leaving a black burnt mark on the kitchen wall.

I held my tears back, standing up fron my chair and walking through the wall, turning as I away from the academy.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck," I rubbed a hand over my face, gasping as I stumbled into an alleyway, dodging the crowd as I leaned against the dirty wall.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" A dark hair guy strolled over to me, his shoes splashing into puddles as he walked towards me.

"Get away from me," I growled, flinging my hands up in defence as he grabbed my arms. "Let go!"

"I think you'd like what I'm about to do to you," he smirked.

"Get off!" I shouted as a wave of force erupted from my hands, shadows spilling from my palm as he flew back and crashed into the wall.

"What the fuck are you?" He spat, stumbling forward, clutching his chest.

I backed away, crashing into a trash can behind me. "I-I-"

"You-You abomination!" He hissed, stumbling out of the alley. 

My bottom lip quivered as I leaned against the wall and squatted down, burying my head in my hands. And the tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face.

I could feel my chin tremble as I collapsed against the wall, salty tears dripping from my chin and drenching my shirt. I press my head against the grimy brick wall, "Fuck."

The sobs punched through my chest, ripping as my heart ached. I brought my shaking hands up to my eyes and rubbed, trying to stop the out-of-control tears. A cry lodged in my throat, wrapping my arms around my knees and trembled.

"Zero?"

I looked up from my safe spot. "D-Diego?"

"The hell are you doing here?"

I stood up in a flash."I-"

"Shit, Zero. Are you crying?" Diego asked, walking closer as he took me by the shoulders.

"Shut the fuck up-" I broked down into a whimper, as Diego embraced me.

I sobbed into his chest unceasingly, hands clutching at his leather jacket. He held me in silence, rocking me slowly as my tears soaked his shirt. Diego brushed my hair gently as we stood there, his arms wrapped around me as I gasped for breath.

"There there, Zero, everything's alright," He muttered to me before releasing me. "Now, com'on. I've got to get back to the Academy."

"No, I can't! Not yet! I-"

"Look, Allison's in danger, I-we've got to get help," Diego said sternly. "You can tell me on the way back. Right now, we need you to save our sister."

-

-

Diego dragged me up to our rooms.

"Slow down!"

Diego glanced at me, "Get Klaus, I have to find Luther."

I sighed, walking through Klaus' closed door and into his room.

"Oh, uh-Zero-" Klaus stammered.

"Don't say anything, we've got to go," I told him.

"Got to go where?" Five asked angrily.

I jumped when I saw him, "It's Allison, she's in danger."

"Okay, let's hop!" Klaus clapped his hands giddily, slipping his arm through mine and dragging me out of the room.

Five followed us out, his gaze on the two of us as we met up with Diego in the corridor.

Five looked at me abruptly before turning to Diego. "Where have you been?"

"Jail." Diego shot back. "Long story. Where's Luther?"

"Haven't seen him since breakfast," Five answered.

Klaus leaned on his heels, rocking back and forth as he added, "Two days until the world ends, he picks a great time to drop off the grid."

"Shit," Diego muttered, strapping his suspenders on. "Allison is in danger."

Five and Klaus exchanged a glance.

Five opened his mouth. "I can-"

"I'm this close to punching you right now, Five," Diego glared at Five as he held up his fingers to form a small gap. "If Zero here cries one more time, I would kill you."

Five looked down on as Diego looked at the three of us.

"I have a plan, and follow tight."