CHAPTER TWELVE - SHOOT AND RELOAD

'"Because I am a pretty thing and a soldier all the same."

-

CHAPTER TWELVE — SHOOT AND RELOAD

I placed the rim of the canned beer to my lips again and chugged down the alcohol. 

We sat at the back of the van with empty cans of beer scattered around us messily.

He smirked, chugging down his own can of crappy beer, his hand rubbing circles subconsciously on my thigh. "Is there a problem, princess?"

His blazer was draped lazily on my shoulders as he brought his lips to mine.

I smiled against his chapped lips, pulling back from him. "I'm not kissing you with dry lips," I smirked, opening another can of beer.

We've been through almost a dozen of them together, not like we cared. Five narrowed his eyes at me and licked his lips before pecking me quickly. "Not dry now, are they?" He pouted, poking my side playfully.

"Not dry," I murmured, leaning forward and kissing him.

I could feel Five smirking against my lips, his hand trailing down my back as I leaned into him. 

I ran my fingers through his short hair, tugging on the hair located on the back of his neck as our lips moved together in sync. He pulled me into his embrace, licking my bottom lip, asking for an entrance.

I playfully denied as he growled into the kiss, pulling back before latching them on to my neck. That's going to leave a mark. "Five."

He smirked against my neck and looked up at me. "What?" He said innocently.

I wrapped my arms around him before pulling him into another kiss, moving slightly to sit comfortably on his lap. He jolted back in surprise, knocking down several abandoned cans of beer and spilling some onto the van.

He slid his tongue into my mouth smoothly, his hands trailing down my back as our lips continued to move in sync. His hand fisted the fabric of my top, hooking his fingers on my jeans as he pulled me closer.

"Not out here, babe," I chuckled, pulling back to kiss his jawline. He buried his head into the crook of my neck as he sucked on the sensitive skin on my collarbone.

"Fine," he muttered against my skin.

His hands wandered down my sides as we pressed closer to each other. He leaned on the side of the van as I straddled him, my arms now wrapped around his neck.

Someone pounded on the door forcefully. "Five! Zero! Are you guys in there?"

I scrambled off Five quickly, knocking down more cans of beer in the process.

"Fuck!" Five groaned, dragging a hand down his short hair.

I pouted, handing him his blazer as the back door was yanked open. "Guys, we-what the hell?" Diego gaped at the beer around us.

"Shut up, Diego," I scowled, moving my hoodie to cover the hickeys forming on my collarbone.

FIve smirked when he noticed me doing so, winking as he dragged his blazer one.

"Did we interrupt something?"

"Yes!" Five said.

"No!" I glared at the two.

"Oh, Zero, it's not like we don't know when Allison spilt the tea," Diego smirked.

"You told them?" Five looked at me sheepishly.

"Allision was bugging me, I only got to the part where we-"

"Thanks, Zero, we get it, now get your drunk asses off," Diego scowled, dragging me out the van.

-

-

Luther was carrying Five around sometime later. Diego had his arm around me to prevent me from running away.

"Well, we can't go back to the house," Luther said. "It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back any moment."

"Psychopaths?" I slurred, grinning as I stared up at Luther.

"My place is closer, no one would look for them there," Diego replied, clutching me tighter as I squirmed in his grasp.

"Did I ever tell you that your tiny place is nice? I box there," I giggled.

"Shut up, Zero," Diego scowled.

Five belched and sighed, clutching the mannequin tightly as he leant back comfortably in Luther's arms.

"If you vomit on me," Luther glared at him.

"You know what's funny? Ahh, I'm going through puberty," he scoffed. "Huh. Twice."

I giggled.

"And we finished the entire two dozen cans, didn't we?" Five smirked at me. "That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye."

Diego sighed, dragging me aa we sped up.

"Poof, it's gone," Five made a tiny explosion with his hands. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Psychopaths!" I replied, my head bumping against Diego as I chuckled and swayed.

"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night," Luther sighed.

"They came looking for you guys!" Diego scowled. "So I need you to focus! What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha," Five slurred.

"Well, we aren't as fucked as I expect us to be," I shrugged.

"Who?" Diego asked.

"You know, I hate code names," Luther glared at Five.

"Ah, the best of the best," I replied.

"Except for us, of course," Five winked at me.

"The best of what?" Diego questioned.

"You know, Delores always said she hated when I drink," Five replied. "She said it made me surly-"

"No talking about that mannequin," I shook my head, putting a finger up and gesturing 'no' at Five.

"Hey!" Diego snapped. "I need you to focus! What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?"

Diego turned to face him.

Five grinned back drunkenly at him as I played with my fingers, weaving delicate strings of shadow.

"We just want to protect you," Diego sighed.

"Protect us? We don't need your protection, Diego," Five replied, dragging a hand down my hair affectionately. "Do you have any idea how many people I've killed?"

"I think I have over five hundred kills," I grinned.

"No," Diego sighed.

"We're the Four frickin' Horsemen," Five bragged. "The apocalypse is coming."

He burped before turning his head and vomited on the ground beside Luther.

"I thought you'd last a little longer, baby," I chuckled patting Five's head.

"Oh, shut up," he smiled back.