CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO - CRUMBLE

"Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy"

-

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO — CRUMBLE

The Umbrella Academy shook. Explosions came from underneath us and glass shattered all around us.

I scrambled up from my bed and hurried out the corridor, dashing down the stairs to find Klaus fumbling around. "Guys?"

"What the hell is going on?" Diego emerged from his room.

"Are those explosions coming from-"

"Vanya," Luther cut Klaus off.

"We need to get to safety outside the Academy," Pogo gripped on his cane.

"I need to find Five!" I cried over the noise.

"No time to die, let's goooooo!" Klaus shouted at me, already sprinting off.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther yelled.

I followed Diego and Klaus down to Mom's foyer. "Where is she?" Diego shouted.

"Mom!" Klaus yelled over the crumbling of the building.

There was a loud crash from above and I threw my hands over my head, summoning as much of my power as possible to shield us just as the ceiling crumbled from above us.

I let out a scream as the rubble crashing on to the solidified shadows and I staggered down to the ground, kneeling as I placed more energy into my hands to hold up the waste. With a loud slam, I flung my hands upwards and the shadows attached themselves to the ceiling.

Diego missed the edge of my shield, falling as the rubble came in contact with him.

I kept one hand up to hold up the shadows as I scrambled to my brother.

Klaus groaned beside him, his eyes widening as he looked up behind me.

"Diego!" I grabbed his shirt, feeling my shield weakening above us.

"Guys! We have to hurry!" I shouted.

"Wha?" Klaus muttered, blinking up at me.

"Get up!" I yelled, looking up at the cracking above us. "Come on!"

A high pitched whistling rang around the room, shrieking into my ears as the ceiling above us cracked further.

"Diego!" Klaus shook our brother.

I grabbed Klaus, "It's gonna crash!"

It all happened so fast, an invisible force dragged Diego and Klaus aside just as the ceiling above us broke and fell. 

I let out a yell as I flung my shadow upwards, the shield slamming on to the ceiling. I barely had time to dive to the side when the ceiling came crashing down. 

"What the fuck just happened?" I asked, gaping at where Diego laid unharmed.

"Holy shit," Klaus breathed, looking behind me.