Cat In My Hat (Link x Neko!reader)

Warning: This is a very long one-shot

(F/C)= Favorite Color

Link's POV

It's morning time and I was still in my bed, lying down on my chest with my face on my pillow. I wanted to continue sleeping but something inside me told me to wake up. So I did a morning stretch and yawned.

When I got off the bed I did my usual morning routine: brush my teeth, take a shower, get dressed, and make my bed.

After I finished taking my shower, I went back into my room to get my clothes on. But once I got all my clothes, my hat was gone! Where is it? Did someone sneak in and take it? Did I leave it somewhere in the mansion? I don't know. So I looked all around the room but had no success.

When I was about to head out the door to ask the other smashers if they saw it, I heard a meow behind me. I turned around and saw my hat on my pillow. What the-? How did my hat get there all of a sudden? It wasn't there a while ago.

I just shrugged my shoulders and tried to get it, but it moved! Then there was another meow and a cat revealed itself from underneath. Now I can confirm that there's a cat wearing my hat.

I tried to grab my hat again multiple times but everytime I got close, the cat would meow and move away. It kept going on to the point where I was chasing it all around the mansion. The cat is really fast I tell you.

Time Skip

I chased that troublesome cat all around the mansion until we were outside. Then the cat started to climb up a tree and when it did, my hat fell off of it, and I caught it just before it landed on the ground.

After I caught it, I looked up the tree to see what the cat looked like. It had very light tan fur, 3 tan stripes across its back, white paws, blue eyes, and a(n) (F/C) collar. This cat looks familiar... Wait... That's (Y/N)! Reflet's cat!

I gasped and mumbled to myself saying, "Dam that tactician, letting her pet run around loose like that around the mansion. Someone ought to teach that cat and owner a lesson or 2 about responsibility and behavior." Then I just walked away.

I went back inside the mansion to look for that female tactician. I plan on complaining about her pet, then give her a lecture about taking care of animals. Cats especially.

Just as I'm thinking this, I run right into her back. Once she turns around to face me, I start to bicker about her troublemaking feline.

"Reflet, there's something I want to talk to you about."

"Alright. From the look on your face, it's not going to be pretty is it?", she said.

Then I say in a stern and angry tone, "Right. It isn't. It's about your cat, (Y/N). She keeps on stealing my hat and I want you to get her to stop."

"Geez Link. If you want her to stop, then keep your hat with you 24/7, keep it somewhere safe under protection, or give her a hat. She probably takes it because she likes it. A bunch of cats sneakily take things they want and like. They'll also hide it to prevent it from being taken."

Hmmm... Maybe I should try all 3 and see which one works best. I hope it works or at least 1. "Alright then. If none of those plans work, then I'm going to get rid of that cat of yours. Got it?", I threatened.

She gulped and said in a nervous tone, "A-alright."

Time Skip

So tonight I'm gonna sleep with my hat on. It's a strange and stupid idea, but it's what I'm gonna start out with.