The Nightmare Before Christmas (pt.3)

After having another discussion on what to do, the Hands have decided to get the Smashers to inspect their pillows. They originally told the Smashers to go home to get a new pillow, but there was a snow storm outside so they couldn't do that.

When the fighters opened their pillows, everyone was surprised to find black cotton. Almost nobody could identify the material right in front of them. Except the Smasher that put the cotton in the pillow sacs.

As the Smashers were removing the cotton, they were too focused on digging it out that they didn't notice the black material slowly moving outside, away from them. It was beginning to pile up, forming into some sort of unknown figure. But (d/s)'s cotton didn't combine though.

"What the-? Where'd it all go?", questioned (Y/N). "I thought I put it here...", said a concerned Zelda.

Then a few fighters noticed that (d/s)'s cotton was still next to him/her, not moving a single bit. "Hey. Why's your stuff still here and not ours?", questioned a suspicious Robin. But before (d/s) could respond, an ear piercing shriek was heard outside. So everyone rushed out the door and into the snow.

When the Hands and Smashers got outside, they couldn't believe their eyes.

Right in front of them was a huge black phoenix! It was almost as big as the mansion, had eyes of fire, a dark purple-black aura surrounding it, and was high in the sky. It made one more ear piercing shriek and dove straight toward the Smashers!

Everyone dodged the attack in the knick of time. But since no one had any of their main weapons with them, they had to figure out a way to buy some time.

To do this, the fighters decided to put up a fight. But not everyone participated in this plan though. The only Smashers that did fight to buy time were Samus, Mario, Luigi, Kirby, Pikachu, Ken, and Ryu.

While the volunteers were carrying out the plan, the other Smashers ran to their rooms to retrieve their weapons. A sword, tome, gun, whatever they use for any battle.

Once they got their weapons, they rushed out into the open and started to fight. Even though it was cold and was snowing, the Smashers didn't really seem to care about the weather. Defending their home mattered more.

In their fight, Pit noticed a small light within the phoenix's chest. "Hey everyone! I see something in that black bird's chest! I think it's a heart!", he pointed out. So everyone took a glance and Pit was right.

"Everyone! Attack that speck of light inside it!", ordered Master Hand. If the heart was damaged enough or destroyed, then the phoenix would likely die. And just like Master Hand ordered, the Smashers did just that: attacking the light however they could.

But the battle against the massive bird was challenging for all the Smashers, including the Hands. The phoenix flying around nonstop, shooting fire balls out of its mouth every few seconds, and the fighters out in the blistery open, in the frost biting snow without any coats, jackets, or thick coverings. But even though some Smashers were animals that had fur, it wasn't enough to completely block out the cold air.

Time Skip

After several hours of fighting, the black phoenix was beginning to show weakness, becoming slower and slower with each passing second. Then with one final cry, it landed on the snow like a meteor and detonated into dust.

The Smashers all ran over to it, covered in cuts, bruises, minor burns, goosebumps, and shaking from the cold. When they looked, a person in a cloak was lying down, unconscious with the hood over the face. But it wasn't just a person. It was the hooded person from their nightmares.

"Should we wake it up?", asked Lucas. But before his question could be answered, the figure sat up and groaned. As it was sitting up and regaining consciousness, the hood fell down and revealed the person within: (d/s).

Everyone was shocked to know that it was (d/s)! Everyone began to angrily question him/her. Not only were they infuriated, but some were confused or even hurt as well.

"Why did you do this?!", "Was this planned all along?!", "What was that for?!", etc. Anger, confusion, and curiosity were all mixed in their tones. But Master Hand was the most infuriated out of everyone. He roared, "Why did you do that?!?! Why did you cause all this chaos and destruction during this peaceful and special event (d/s)?!?!".

(D/s) felt so guilty! Getting everyone upset on a very big and special holiday. In a guilty tone, he/she said, "Because I felt left out... Every year I'm left out of everything: cooking, baking, singing, decorating, everything! Except occasional battles. I just wanted to do something with you guys... I'm so sorry!". He/She even started to cry.

Then everyone started to feel a little bit guilty. Not as guilty as (d/s) though. But (Y/N) spoke up and said, "But (d/s), every year we let everyone, including you, join in on these activities. We always invite everyone to join us in these activities. When you're in your room, we knock on your door to talk to you but you don't answer. You always give us "the cold shoulder" treatment whenever you're in there alone during Christmas.".

(D/s) tried to think of an excuse or comeback but nothing came to mind. He/She opened her mouth but closed it right back up.

Then Isabelle said with empathy and kindness, "(D/s), you're one of us. A Smasher. You shouldn't exclude yourself from anything fun that's done here on any occasion. If anyone had any kind of problem, we could tell someone about it and it would be fixed.".

After a minute of thinking, taking in those words, (d/s) looked up with a look of realization and a smile of gratitude and nodded his/her head. Then he/she stood up and said, "Thank you for your kindness and understanding. Again, I'm so sorry I did this to you all.".

So everyone forgave him/her and they all went back inside the bright, warm, and toasty mansion. (D/s) then started doing activities with the others. But he/she didn't go back outside to build snowmen or have snowball fights though. A new flurry just started.

As a last minute present idea, (d/s) made replicate white pillows with different Christmas shapes on it. Stars, a Christmas decorated pine tree, a wrapped up present, and a plate of cookies with a glass of milk next to it. The pillows couldn't be made all at once by one Smasher, so (d/s) made one pillow then cast a replication spell on it.

Once all the presents were opened and holiday cards handed out, everyone went to bed with their new pillows. And instead of having horrid nightmares like before, this time everyone slept peacefully with good dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry everyone! For some reason, the extra tardiness of this story has to do with this dilemma I'm having. The stories aren't completely saving up so I have to retype some parts. From this, future request stories are likely going to be late as well. If anyone has a solution then plz tell me! Thank you