Sweet Treats (Kirby x Reader)

Requested by sam_the_co28
Hope you enjoy 😁
Sorry I can't make the reader shy. I apologize

Your POV

"Phew! That was a tough battle huh Kirby?", I asked the pink puffball as I rubbed the sweat off my forehead.

"Poyo!" ("Sure was!"), he agreed. It was a tough team battle but we won. It was me and Kirby vs. Ike and Yoshi.

Me and Kirby make a great team. It's like we're almost indestructible together, but not completely. Sometimes we lose but not often. So we're just hard to beat. Also many Smashers say we're cute together. Just hearing anyone say "Awww. They're so cute!" to me or Kirby is enough to get both of us to blush.

Personally, I'd prefer the Smashers to give that comment only to Kirby and not the both of us or me. I don't like being the center of attention most of the time. Unless I'm with someone. Mostly Kirby though.

So now that the battle's over, we can now do anything we want. I think I'm gonna take Kirby into the city/town. I heard there's something new there.

"Hey Kirby. Do you want to head to the town/city with me? I don't have anything to do sooo... yeah. Also I heard that there's a new candy shop there. Do you want to go?", I asked, in hopes of him saying-

"Poy!"("Yes!"), and he did. First we told Master Hand that we're heading out so that he doesn't get mad or worried about our absence. Then we left.

Time Skip

"Alright. This should be it.", I mumbled to myself. To be sure, I looked through the window and we made it.

When we entered, I saw a vast treasure of sweets. Shelves and tables lined up with different varieties of chocolates, taffy, gummies, lollipops, and many more types of candies, sweets, and treats.

I didn't notice that Kirby walked ahead of me into the store. I was too awestruck by the sight that I accidentally let my guard down. I walked into the store and closed the door behind me. Shortly after, I heard a male voice.

"Welcome to Sugar Tooth Corner. How can I help you?". Popping up from the counter was a woman in a green dress and a garnet-colored apron with a nametag. She had some sort of cloth in her hand so she must've been cleaning something under there.

"Poyo. Poy poy poyo?" ("Hello. Do you have any samples today?"), asked Kirby, perched on the counter next to the register.

Unfortunately, the woman didn't understand what Kirby said so she looked at Kirby in confusion.

I decided to step up and translate what Kirby said to the her. "This pink guy said "Hello. Do you have any samples today?", I said.

The woman smiled, pulled out a tray with a few different samples and said "Yes we do. Today we have 5 samples of different fruit flavored taffies. Banana, strawberry, cherry, grape, and orange. You can have one sample of each or pick whichever one you like.", she offered.

We both tried all 5 and they are delicious. Me and Kirby had a quick discussion about which ones we should get, and we decided to get 4 pieces of each flavor. 2 for me and 2 for Kirby. We each got 10 pcs, adding up to a grand total of 20 pcs.

So we paid the amount needed, said "Thank you", and left smiling. Well, Kirby said "Poyo!". Kirby "flew" to the top of my head and all 3 of us waved "Goodbye".

Time Skip

Now that we're back, we quickly and secretly dashed our way to my room so that nobody saw the candy.

"Hey Kirby. Stay here and keep an eye on the taffy. I'm gonna tell Master Hand that we're back and how the trip went. But don't eat the taffy while I'm gone ok?".

"Poyo." ("Ok."), he said.

So I left the room, told Master Hand that me and Kirby are back and that the trip was nice and there weren't any problems. It took me only a minute to do. Then I went back to my room.

When I entered I saw 2 wrappers on my bed, both a different color.

"Kirby! I told you not to eat any until I got back!", I whined. Kirby sweatdropped and gave an awkward smile. I looked in the bag to make sure Kirby didn't eat any other pieces. When I counted the total, all the other pieces were there in the bag.

Then I emptied the bag and divided the taffy. Like how we did in the store, I did the same here. Except that I had 10 untouched pcs and Kirby got his remaining 8.

I decided to have one for today and save the rest for another time. Kirby ate 3 other pcs then he too, decided to save the rest.

Before leaving my room, Kirby asked, "Poy. Poyo poyo poy poy poyo?"("Hey. Do you have any idea on how i can get back to my room without anyone noticing the candy?").

"Hmmm... How about you inhale the taffy without swallowing, carry it in your mouth, then into your room.".

He thought about it for a second and said, "Poyo. Poy poyo!" ("Alright. Thanks and bye!"). Then he left my room and closed the door.

Sometimes it's nice to spend a day with that cute little puffball.