Chapter 2: Show Time

"Well, what do you think?" You walked out of Jerome's trailer bathroom and showed him your outfit. It was a snake designed bikini with black thigh-high tights and a buckle that is attached to the tights and the shorts. You wore black flats along with a golden necklace. On the necklace, there was a golden snake that reached your breasts. Golden snakes were a big part of your outfit design, so it was natural to have them everywhere. You even had a golden snake accessory wrapped all around your waist and a small golden snake armband on your left arm. To finish your outfit, you wore a crown that matched your outfit with two snakes on it.

"Honesty, I don't think you should go out there dressed like that". Jerome smirked. "I'll have to punch the daylights out of everyone for staring at you if you do".

"Oh yeah?" A playful smirk formed on your lips. "And why's that?"

"Well, that outfit seems to be more for my eyes only". Jerome pulled you closer to him. He was sitting down on his bed as you stroked his hair. "You look so god damn sexy in that".

"Really?" You noticed the lust in his eyes. You felt tingles as Jerome stroked your sides. You bit your lip and glanced over at the clock. "You know, I got some time before my act. Maybe we could have just a bit of fun before I go on".

You sat down on his lap and placed a passionate kiss on his lips. He smirked into the kiss. Pulling away, he played with the hatch of your bikini top. "I love the way you think".

He began to kiss your neck, taking off your necklace. You took off your crown and pulled on his shirt. He went back up to kiss your lips. The sound of the circus starting reached the trailer but the both you paid no attention to it. You were lost in your own little world. You were simply enjoying a beautiful moment with your beloved.

You snuggled close to your boyfriend's chest. He wrapped his arms around you and kissed your forehead. The two of you just finished your quick activity, and boy did you want nothing more but to remain in Jerome's arms. But the sudden noise of the circus grabbed both of your attention. You glanced over at the clock, noticing that your act is up soon. "Shoot".

You got up and quickly picked up your clothes. Jerome smiled and stared at you as you rushed to get ready. "Where's your mom, J? She promised to be here for my first solo performance?"

"I don't know". He shrugged. "She's probably fucking some man from a bar in town".

You sighed and turned to him. You've been with Jerome and the circus since you were ten, so you know how his mom treats him. You knew how much he hated her. You always welcomed him in your trailer whenever he needs a break from her and her lovers. It's only been two years since the two of you started dating, but Lilia couldn't have a stable relationship for the life of her.

You were about to say something to comfort him, but the sound of police sirens took your attention away from him. The two of you shared a glance.

"It was just a fight between the Graysons and the Lloyds". You said as you entered Jerome's trailer. After hearing the sirens, you went over to check the commotion. When the police arrived and were bandaging up the two families, you went over to your friend Mary Lloyd. She was talking to the doctor about the fight, John Grayson cut her off a bit and the two started their regular argument. You had only came back after talking to her for a bit, "They mentioned your mom"

"Really?" Jerome looked up at you. "I wonder what she did now".

Then there was a knock. Jerome stared at you, grabbing your hand before you could open it. You stared at him. He opened the door and went outside. You watched through the window. Jerome was talking to a detective and Haly, you noticed the doctor from earlier was with them as well. You noticed how Jerome looked confused and worried. A small smile formed on your lips. You knew Jerome couldn't fully hate his mother, and seeing him worry about her warmed your heart.

"Let her out". You heard the detective say.

"I'm sorry?" Did he just say to let Shiba out? You thought.

"Let her out". He said again. Before Jerome could open the cage, you opened the door to the trailer and went outside. They turned to you. "I'm sorry but if anyone is going to handle Shiba, that will be me". You said as you made your way to the snake's cage.

"And who are you?" The detective asked.

"I'm (y/n), Lilia's apprentice and Jerome's girlfriend". You glanced at the man. Jerome looked at you, a small smile forming on his lips. You turned your attention back to the snake. "Hey girl" You cooed. "Wanna go find mommy? Let's go find her, shall we?"

You opened the cage and let your hand in so Shiba could use you as a ledge. The snake slithered into your arms, rubbed her head on your cheek as a sign of compassion. Once Shiba was fully out, you knelt down and placed her on the ground. "Go find mommy, Shiba".

Shiba began to follow her owner's scent. You walked beside her, while the rest followed close behind. The moment Shiba slithered her way onto the back of a truck filled with hay, you stopped. Jerome stood next to you and took your hand. The detective removed the tarp that was there and revealed Lilia's bloody corpse with Shiba slithering around. Jerome fell to his knees crying. You gasped and turned to your boyfriend. You hugged him as you began crying yourself.

Jerome and you walked out of the precinct. The detective from earlier - who you now know as Jim Gordon - had interviewed you both and sent you both away for the day. You had your arm wrapped around your boyfriend. Jerome's words replayed in your head. They confused you. You stopped walking, grabbing his attention.

"Why did you lie, Jerome?" You asked. "You said that Lilia was perfect, but you hated her. And her sex life does bother you. I only didn't say anything because everything just seems so surreal".

"Seeing her dead.." Jerome took your arm that was wrapped around his and held your hand. "it made me realize something. If she really hated me, she would have just killed me. But she kept me alive for seventeen years. A part of her loved me, and I guess a part of me loved her too. I just didn't realize it until now".

He began to cry again. You wrapped your arms around him and held him close. After a minute or so, he let go of the hug. "I don't know what I would do without you (y/n). Thank you for always being by my side".

"Anything for you J". You placed a light kiss on his lips. He smiled at you. "But I guess this means that you'll be at my trailer full time now, huh?"

"I guess so too". He wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

That night, the two of you decided to stay in a motel room until the case of Jerome's mother was closed. Throughout the entire night, Jerome didn't want to leave your side. His head was on your chest as you stroked his hair. The tv was on, and every now and then you would chuckle when there was a joke. Jerome looked up at you. "What do you think about leaving the circus and staying here?"

"You want to stay here? In Gotham? What happened to earlier, about sharing a trailer together?" You looked at him. He sat up, taking your hands in his.

"I know but we can go get jobs, get an apartment, and I know that you want to go to college -" You put your hands on his cheeks, stopping him from talking any further. You let out a laugh.

"As long as I am with you, Jerome, then I'm happy". You said. "In the circus, at another city or state, I would stay with you anywhere and anytime. I love you, Jerome Velaska".

You let go of his cheeks and wrapped your arms around his neck. He smiled. "I love you too".

He kissed you. At first, it was gentle but then the small kiss turned into a full out make-out session. He pulled you to sit on his lap and began to kiss you on your neck. He went back to kiss you on your lips. That night was full of gentle and passionate kisses.