Chapter 8: No More

You sniffed away the rest of your tears and pulled away from Jerome's hug. He looked at you with that soft gaze of his. You glanced at Taylor and Xander. They looked confused and worried for their lives. You looked back at Jerome. "Please... promise me you won't harm them".

Jerome didn't say anything but sighed. He eventually nodded his head in agreement. "Fine, I promise".

A smile appeared on your lips. You felt like a weight was lifted from your shoulders. Your friends are going to okay. They're going to be safe. But that smile soon vanished as you heard the sound of guns go off. You looked over to see Taylor's and Xander's dying bodies. Blood staining the floor as their lifeless eyes stared at yours. A scream escaped your mouth. "Nooo!"

Jerome laughed his psychotic laughter. "Now, I wasn't the one who did that. That was all Tabs".

You fell to the ground, your whole body shaking. Tears flowed down your cheeks as you continued to stare at your now dead friends. That love that you felt for Jerome vanished. The ginger boy pouted at the sight of you. He knelt down beside you. His hand patting your back.

"I'm sure this is not the time to say this, but" He stared up at the two gunmen. One of them held up a bag. "It's time for us to go".

You looked up just as the gunman put the bag over your head. You then felt something hard hit the back your head and you fell unconscious.

A drop of water fell on your eye. You stirred awake. Looking around, you found yourself in a cold cell. Jerome stood just outside the cell, smiling. "Sorry for putting you here but the guy I'm working with doesn't quite trust you, so you're staying here. Don't worry, I'll make sure to visit".

He winked and left before you could say anything. Looking around more, you saw a bed, a toilet, a surveillance camera, and snakes. You heard the echo of a door closing. It was dark and cold. The snakes hissed and stared at you. You began to hyperventilate. "No... not again..."

You put your hands on your head, gripping your hair. Memories of your past flashed in your mind. The cold dark cage that you spent almost every night in. The sounds of the exotic snakes. Their eyes glowing in the moonlight and staring straight into yours. You crying to see your parents again, knowing that you'll never hear their voice or feel their comfort ever again. You began to cry and scream.

"Uncle! Uncle!" You wrapped your hands around the bars of the cage. You thought you were back in that basement. You thought your uncle would be able to hear you and come get you out. You thought that he will put down his bottle of alcohol and send you straight to bed "I'm sorry, uncle! I'll behave! Please! Please let me out!"

You were like that for a good hour or so. Screaming. Pacing around. Crying. Apologizing to someone who is long dead and gone. It looked as if you were an animal diagnosed with cage madness. The snakes eyed you throughout the whole time. Watching your every movement as if you were their prey - which you were convinced that you were.

You finally fell to your knees. "Please uncle... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Uncle..."

You felt something moving on your leg. You jumped at the sight of one the snakes. You stared at it in the eye as if it was telling you something. You let out a small laugh. "You're right... He's dead... You killed him... and now I'm stuck here forever..."

You banged your head against the wall. You couldn't help but continue to laugh. It looked as if you were insane to the person on the other side of that camera. "That's right he's dead! He can't hurt me anymore... and I'm just going to rot here and become your meal....This is my punishment..."

At some point, you fell asleep with the snakes slithering around you.