Chapter 32: Haunted

You hummed as you drank a cup of whiskey, flipping the tarot cards you have placed on the coffee table. It's been almost three months since you left Gotham and went to live in your safe house. The house is in the middle of the woods just on the outskirts of the city. The only person who knows that you're here is Markos. Everyone else believes that you left the city once again. Of course, all of the snakes also know about your whereabouts. They act as your eyes and ears.

A few of the snakes from the club wander around the crime-filled city and report anything out of the ordinary to you. They've told you about Ed's and Barbara's return, the arrival of a man named Ra's Al Ghul and his interest in Bruce, and about Don Falcone's daughter, Sofia Falcone.

Swallowing the last sip of alcohol, you placed the cup down on its coaster. You stared at the tarot cards. The hanged man, justice, and the world. You let out a deep sigh. (y/n). Shiba's voice rang through your head. You turned to her as she made her way on the sofa across from you. Coatl has spotted Butch Gilzean coming out of Slaughter Swamp.

Isn't he suppose to be in a coma? Jade questioned from her spot on the edge of the couch you sat on. Apparently, the hospital he was admitted to was in the need of room so they dumped him. Sage answered. And what's worse is that the swamp is filled with toxic waste from Indian Hill. Shiba hissed.

"Keep track of him" You spoke, restacking your cards. Sage left to relay your message. "Any other news?"

Sofia Falcone is being persistent on meeting with Penguin. Jade spoke. She plans on inviting him to lunch.

"Keep me updated on that" You got up to place the cards in their box.

Another thing - Shiba hissed, following you - Basil has been hanging around the fighting clubs in Gotham and said that Lee Thompkins is seen working there as a doctor.

You put the box in a drawer, locking the compartment with a key. "That's interesting. When did she return?"

Who knows? Jade slithered toward you. You hummed as you began to think. No news on Ra's and Bruce, huh. Walking toward your bedroom, you glanced at your snakes. They stopped following you to look at you. Without saying anything, the two snakes turned around to wait for Sage to return. You smiled and had your bedroom slightly open for them to enter in later.

Knock knock

The snakes turned to the direction of the door. You glared at the entryway, grabbing the knife you were using for your breakfast. You slowly walked toward the door, waiting to hear another knock. Instead, you heard a female's voice.

"Miss (y/n) (l/n)?" You paused at the mention of your name. "I'm Sofia Falcone. I came to ask you for a favor"

You opened the door just a bit, hiding the knife from the woman. Your eyes turned yellow to warn her not to mess with you. She took notice of your scales and snakes. A smile quickly appeared on her lips.

"How did you know where to find me?" You glared.

"I am a Falcone" She restated. "May I come in?"

"I think I like you right where you're standing" You refused. "Why are you here? Does this have something to do with my brother Oswald?"

"Actually, yes" She continued to smile. "I want to help him have a hundred percent control of the crime in Gotham and I'm hoping that you'll help me"

"Let me guess, he doesn't trust you" You smirked. Her smile fell, telling you that you're correct. "Oswald doesn't trust easily, especially when it comes from someone with your name. He told me all about the Falcones. How do I know that you're not trying to regain the city from him? Hmm?"