Chapter 20: Background Check

After her parents died in a car crash, she moved in with her uncle - who died almost a year after. She was later sent to St. Rais Orphanage, going in an out of foster care until she was taken in by Mister Haly. (y/n) was last seen in Gotham City's Children Gala. It's known that she was killed after returning home. The guy that killed her is presumed to have been by one of Jerome Valeska's goons. She was known to be in a relationship with the psychotic killer.

Butch finished summarizing the paper to Oswald. It took two weeks to finally find everything about you. The file was thorough, going into every detail of your life. Butch had to pay a couple of people money to get this. After reading it, he found that it was worth it. You are 'dead' after all.

Placing the file down on Oswald's desk, the shorter man stood up. He buttoned his coat as he glanced up at the taller man. "Good work".

"What should we do?" Butch followed Oswald out the room. "She's supposed to be dead"

"And so is Fish" The smaller man looked at him. "This isn't anything new by now"

"Yeah, but she doesn't even remember that she was dead". The taller man stopped in his steps. Oswald turned to him. "She has no memory of anything"

"I know that" Oswald sighed. "We'll give her the file when she comes back tonight. Then she'll make the decision of whether or not to open it".

The two left it be and continued on with their day. Meanwhile, you were strolling through Gotham - trying to find some food. You wore a black hoodie and sunglasses as a way to hide the patches of scales that were visible on your skin. Shiba was wrapped around your neck while Jade and Sage wrapped themselves in your open bag. You smiled as you walked through the city. Sure, you were supposed to be scouting for any bounty hunters or any GCPD hotspots that were out hunting for you and the rest, but you decided to take this chance to see more of the city you came to live into.

There were couples walking around on dates, families having lunch together, friends meeting up to hang out, children coming out of school, co-workers heading to lunch. There was even the occasional mugging here and there. It was a regular busy day in Gotham. You began to think about where you came from. Were you born here in Gotham or somewhere else? Are your parents out looking for you? Are they even alive? You want to know more about your past.

Just as you turned the corner, you were stopped by a young boy. His long dark brown hair fell slightly on his matching color eyes. He wore dark oversized worn out clothing. He stared at you, too nervous to look at you. "F-Fish is looking for you"

Groaning, you looked around for a quick escape. Spotting a convenience store, you glanced back at the boy. "You want to grab something to eat?"

He looked up at you, confusion was written all over his face. "With what money?"

"Don't worry about it, come on" You put your arm around him and lead him across the street. After convincing the boy to just pick out whatever snack he wants, both of you stood outside the store, munching on the food you bought. The two of you made small talk to pass the time. That was until the boy blurted out something odd he found out today.

"There's a boy that looks like me" You glanced at the boy. "I saw him as I was following this girl. Don't get the wrong idea, she just helped me out and I wanted to thank her. That's when I saw him. He looks exactly like me, just with shorter hair".

"Maybe you're his twin?" You shrugged.

"I don't think so.." He shook his head at your suggestion. "I don't have any memories of my past. Everyone else has at least some fragments of who they are. All I remember is the lab"