Epilogue: Serpentine

'To the citizens of Gotham City,

I apologize for leaving you to deal with the harsh crisis you are going through right now. I won't beg you to forgive me, but know that once I heard about the lockdown I have already planned on sending resources your way. I hope that by the time you receive this letter, you will have gotten all of the food and necessities you need to survive a few more months.

Currently, I have begun my third trimester. The doctor had told me that I'm having twins right before I left Gotham. I wonder if they would take after me or their father. Hopefully, they won't end up with the same madness he had. I'll make sure of it. They would have all the love in the world in order for them to grow up strong and sane.

I believe in a couple of years when the lockdown is lifted and Gotham is safe again, I will return with my children. They would get to see the city that will become their true home. Gotham has given me so many memories, both painful and joyful. I'm thankful for this city and I hope we get to see one another again. But in the meantime, I will continue to raise money and send whatever I can to you through my proxies. Don't tell the government about this though. I may have to get my hands dirty if they ever found out.

With much love,
Serpentine'

11 Years Later

Your alarm clock rang loudly, waking you up. Grunting, you shut the object off. You sat up on your bed, stretching your muscles and yawning. The sound of laughter and clatter could be heard outside of your bedroom door. Sighing, you got up and went into your kitchen.

Two children, twins (a boy and a girl), laughed as they made pancakes. The eleven-year-olds turned to you. They both have red hair just like their father's, they inherited patches of scales like yours, and their (e/c) colored eyes met yours. The girl's ginger hair was tied into a ponytail. She wore black tights with grey sneakers, denim shorts, and a white tank top. She also was wearing a black apron to keep her outfit clean from the pancake batter. She doesn't have scales on her cheeks like her twin brother, instead, she had scales on her right back shoulder to her collarbone, left elbow, left hip, right kneecap, the inner side of her right thigh, and from her under her left shin to her ankle.

Her twin brother's ginger hair was styled to have an undercut and part on his right side. Like his sister, he wore an apron to keep his clothes clean. He was wearing black shorts that reached his knees, white sneakers, and a white t-shirt, along with a grey long-sleeved sweater. The patches of scales on his skin were on both his cheeks, reaching down to the side of his jaw, on his right lower arm, his left shoulder, his lower back to his right hip (reaching just under his chest), the side of his left thigh, his right kneecap to the upper half of his shin and his left ankle.

Both children had pancake batter covering their apron. You placed your hands on your hips as you stared at them. "Jasmine Jade (l/n), Jacob Sage (l/n), what do the two of you think you're doing?"

"Well we were trying to make you breakfast in bed, but someone was getting impatient and was stirring too fast" Jacob glared at his twin sister.

"You were going too slow" Jasmine whined.

"We're supposed to whisk not make a tornado" Jacob fought back. You laughed and patted their heads.

"Alright, kiddos, go and feed the snakes while I make breakfast" They grinned and exited the trailer they call home. Just as they exited, a beautiful female acrobat entered your trailer. She grinned at the twins, quickly greeting them as they ran outside. You smiled at her. "Morning, Mary"

"Morning, (y/n)" Your friend greeted you. "Did you hear the news?"

"I just woke up, what news could I have heard?" You glanced at her before turning to clean up the twins' mess.