Chapter 39: I Love You

Gotham's Music Festival was something you needed. It was your time to take a break from Jerome and his lunatics. You were simply there to listen to music and enjoy the moment before your doctor's appointment. That was until you noticed a familiar man make his way on stage while a band was performing. Great. The clown is here. Sage hissed.

Jerome danced on stage a bit before being noticed by the singer. You watched as Jerome turned around, revealing himself to everyone, and kick the singer. He then grabbed the mic and began to beat the singer on the head with it until he died. Everyone freaked out while you just stood there, unimpressed. The one day you wanted to relax and get out of the house.

"Where's everyone going?" You heard Jerome shout at the crew. Firefly jumped out from backstage and used her torch. The audience knelt for cover. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are the Arkham Asylum Lunatics. We came here to blow some minds! Whoo!"

Everyone began to stand up now. "Sorry to interrupt your little show," Jerome continued, "but you are gonna love this next one."

Jerome's goons came out, dragging four people and tying them to chairs. They had some sort of neck brace on with wires attached to something. You continued to stare at Jerome as he continued with his speech.

"Introducing Mayor Pritchard, Commissioner Reynolds, Archbishop McGregor, and this lady - whoever she is" Jerome gestured at his hostages. "This is everybody. Everybody, say hi. Now, as you can see, we're still waiting for two guests of honor. But in the meantime, let's go over the rules of tonight's entertainment, shall we?"

He lifted his right arm, showing a trigger that's connected to the neck braces that the hostages are wearing. "Dynamite. Trigger. I don't get what I want? Boom. Headless people. And if any of you are thinking of going anywhere, you'll die, too"

Firefly demonstrated her torch once more.

"Now, the one man who can give me what I want. Come over here." Jerome dragged the cameraman close to him. "Calling Gordon. Calling James Gordon"

"Jerome!" You called to him. The ginger boy looked at the audience, trying to find you. Once he spotted you, he grinned even more. You made your way on stage. People made way for you as you passed them. They whispered your name like if you were a savior.

"Well this looks familiar" Jerome laughed. "Are you going to try to talk me out of kill these people like you did that night I died?"

"I'm not going to ask for something that I know is impossible" You shook your head, earning a laugh from Jerome. He swung his arm around your shoulders.

"You see that, everybody. My lovely doll already knows when to give up and just accept things the way they are" Jerome kissed your cheek.

"I'm not saying that I accept this" You pushed him away.

"Then what are you going to do?" Jerome leaned close to you, pulling you back into his arms.

"I'm asking you to think this through. Are you seriously going to murder these people, knowing that you might lose me in the end?" Your (e/c) colored eyes pleaded.

"I won't lose you" Jerome chuckled. "You'll always come back to me"

You didn't say anything at that point. Jerome kissed your cheek one more time before going off to mess around on stage. Are you going to tell him? Jade hissed. You continued to stare at the red-haired maniac. Now is not the time. You have to distract him so he doesn't kill these people. Jerome laughed while he watched his goons torture the band. His green eyes met yours. You walked toward him, feeling his arm snake around your waist. He placed a soft kiss on your jaw. You tried looking into his eyes for any sign of that boy you met in the circus. But to no one's surprise, there was none. After an hour or two, the GCPD made their way through the crowd, the arrival of Jim Gordon grabbed everyone's attention. Jerome stopped and turned to the captain of the GCPD. It is useless to try to talk to him. Shiba snapped. "Ladies and gentlemen, as I live and breathe, James Gordon is in the house" Jerome spoke into the microphone.