Chapter 22: Welcome to Serpentine's

Oswald walked downstairs, a hop in his step. After a month, you were finally returning to his side. Both of you had so much to talk about. Ed noticed Oswald's mood as he entered the living room. The former forensic cop never took notice of Oswald's strange behavior around him and his new girlfriend, but he does notice when the criminal mayor is in a good mood. Oswald checked himself in the mirror, fixing his tie. Ed stood behind him. "Today is a good day, Ed"

"And why is that?" Ed asked as the shorter man turned to him, a bright grin on his lips.

"Because today my dear sister comes home" Oswald walks toward the coffee table. Olga placed a platter of your favorite snacks and some tea. The man wants to make sure everything is perfect for your return. He glared at the maid when he noticed that the centerpiece was the wrong color. "What is this? She likes (f/c), not this ugly mixture. Go change it."

"I didn't know you had a sister" Ed stared at the maid as she left. He turned back to Oswald who was fixing the position of a flower vase.

"She's not actually my sister" Oswald turned at the sound of a car honk. He smiled. "We see each other as family though"

The two of them waited, Oswald fixed his suit real quick, as the maid went to open the door. Your driver entered first, placing your bags down, you followed behind him. The sound of your low heels clicked on the floor. Looking around, you took a deep breath. This is your home. You turned to see Oswald. Both of you grinned. He held his arms open. "Welcome home"

"Oswald" You ran into his arms, hugging him tightly. He placed a small kiss on your head, you breathed in his scent. He smelled of a nice cool day at the ocean. You loved it. The two of you were in your own little world, not noticing a frozen Ed. His eyes widen the moment he saw you walk in. He couldn't believe it was you. You're alive.

"(y/n), I want you to meet my chief of staff and dear friend, Edward Nygma" Oswald released from the hug and gestured toward the taller man. You smiled and held out your hand.

"It's nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you". Your (e/c) eyes shone a bright yellow for a quick second. Ed's eyes widen even more as he remembered seeing those eyes at Indian Hill. He glanced at your scales, then at Oswald, before taking your hand for a quick shake.

"I wish I could say the same about you". He forced a smile. You turned back to Oswald.

"Well, let me just put my stuff up in my room" You gestured at the amount of bags you had. "I'll be back down real quick"

Oswald watched you as you began to help the driver and maid with your luggage. You were always the type to help people. Ed stared at Oswald's bright grin. The look Oswald had in his eyes is the same look Oswald has when talking to Ed. This is the first he'd seen it targeted toward someone else. When you disappeared upstairs, Ed grabbed Oswald's attention.

"Oswald," The shorter man turned to him, "You do know who that is, right? That's (y/n) (l/n)"

"You know her?" Oswald sat down, grabbing a snack from the platter.

"Do I know her? I was there when they locked up her psycho boyfriend" Ed spoke between his teeth. "She's also one of the monsters that Hugo Strange created. If you are seen with her, the people will-"

"Calm down, Ed" Oswald looked at him. "I have a plan"

"And what plan is that?" Ed stared at Oswald with suspicion.

"You'll see tomorrow night" Oswald turned when he saw you walk up to them. You sat down, smiling at all of the snacks.

Ed watched as the two of you settle yourself in a conversation. You told Ed how you managed to meet Oswald and how thankful you are for everything he has done. Oswald spoke about recent events in Gotham, you would laugh every once in a while. He watched as your snakes slithered around you. He looked into your eyes, watching if they'll change from (e/c) to the bright yellow color. The snakes hissed, grabbing his attention. He stared into their eyes until he noticed you glancing at him. Could you tell that he was cautious of you?