ONE

I didn't really like the ending of the original first chapter so I've decided to rewrite it :)

~

A young girl walks into Station 19. Dean, who is on the front desk trying to make a structure from pencils, looks up at her.

'Hi.' Dean smiles.

'Hi.' The young girl smiles back, walking up to the desk.

'What can I do for you?' He asks.

'Erm, I was wondering if Travis Montgomery is on shift today.' The girl states. 'Is he here?'

'He is on shift.' Dean nods. 'But he's out on a call.' He adds.

'Oh, okay.' The girl looks down, clearly disappointed.

'You're more than welcome to wait here for him.' Dean tells her.

'It's okay.' The girl looks up, shaking her head. 'I'll come back later or some other time.' Before Dean can ask for a name and phone number, she turns around and walks off.

.

Half an hour later, Aid Car pulls back into the station. Dean stands up and walks out to the apparatus floor. As soon as Travis jumps out of the cabin, Dean calls him over. Travis shuts the door and runs over to him.

'What's up?' Travis asks.

'A young girl stopped by about half an hour ago looking for you.' Dean informs him. 'She didn't leave a name or phone number.'

'What did she look like?' Travis questions.

'She was about 16, maybe 17, 5ft 6, brownish hair, hazel eyes-'

'I know who it was.' Travis interrupts him, nodding his head. 'I need to go and make a call.' He turns around and walks off getting his phone out as he does.

.

A few days pass and Travis is back on shift. It's Jack's turn on reception. The same girl that walked in last shift, walks in again.

'Hi.' She says quietly. Jack looks up at her. 'I'm looking for Travis Montgomery.'

'I'll call him down for you.' Jack nods. He presses the button on the microphone and speaks into it. 'Montgomery you've got a visitor.' He looks back up at the girl. 'He should be down in a couple of minutes.' There are a few moments of silence. 'So, what's your name?'

'Bryn?!' They hear. They look to the stairs and see Travis running down them. The girl immediately runs up to him and hugs him, winding him in the process. Travis wraps his arm around her. 'Hey.'

'Hey, Trav.' The girl smiles. They both part and turn to face Jack. Travis sees he has a puzzled look on his face.

'Gibson, this is my little sister, Brooklyn.' Travis introduces Brooklyn. 'Bryn, this is Luitenant Jack Gibson.'

'So this is Brooklyn?' Jack smiles, standing up and walking over to them. 'Montgomery talks about you a lot.'

'Really?' Brooklyn looks at Travis.

'Why wouldn't I?' Travis laughs. 'What brings you here?'

'Can't I come and see my big brother?' Brooklyn raises an eyebrow. 'I was in the area and thought I'd stop by. I came in the other day but you were out on a call.'

'I know.' Travis nods. 'You could have stayed here and waited, y'know.'

'I was told.' Brooklyn laughs, nodding. 'But I didn't feel comfortable.' There's a minute of silence.