TWENTY-TWO

'Have you ever dealt with a mass shooting before?' Link asks Amelia.

'Not directly.' Amelia shakes her head.

'What do you mean?' Link queries. Amelia takes a deep breath.

'Back when the hospital was Seattle Grace Mercy West there was a mass shooting. A guy wanted to get revenge on three of the doctors here for the death of his wife. One of those doctors was my older brother. He was shot but he survived.' Amelia explains. 'Other people were killed though.' Link, knowing what happened to the famous Neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd, decides not to say anything more on the subject. He looks at the supplies closet. 'We better get some supplies and get back to work. They both walk to the supplies closet and Link opens the door.

'Oh my-' Link gasps. They see Brooklyn lying on the floor, unconscious. Both Link and Amelia kneel down beside her. They see that her top is covered in blood. 

'Her name's Brooklyn. I've treated her before.' Amelia states. 'She must have been at the pride festival.' Link slowly lifts Brooklyn's top.

'She's been shot.' Link states seeing three bullet wounds. One in the abdomen and two in the chest. 'Three times.' He feels her back. 'No exit wound.' He then places his fingers on her neck to check for a pulse. 'She has a pulse but it's extremely weak. We need to get her to the pit.' Link scoops her up in his arms and rushes her to the pit with Amelia hot on his heels. 

.

When they run into the pit, Owen spots them and runs up to them. 

'What the hell happened?!' He asks. 'I only sent her to get supplies.' 

'We found her in the supply closet unconscious.' Amelia tells him.

'She's been shot three times. No exit wounds. ' Link adds. 

'Trauma bay 4 is clear.' Owen states. They rush her to the trauma bay and Link lies her down on the bed. Amelia starts hooking Brooklyn up to the monitors as Owen cuts Brooklyn's top off. A nurse puts in a cannula ready to give fluids and blood. 'Somebody page Pierce and get me a FAST scan!' Amelia hands him the fast scan. He puts the gel on her abdomen before running the transducer over it. 'Massive internal bleeding.' He says. 'Amelia, how are her obs looking?' 

'BP is dangerously low, pulse is slow, SATs are 92.' Amelia replies. 'I'm going to intubate.' Amelia starts to intubate as Owen does a fast scan of her chest. 

'Chest is filling with blood.' Owen shakes his head. 'I can't see anything.' He adds. 'Call the bloodbank! Get them to send as many units of O-Neg as possible.' 

'Where's her brother?' Amelia queries.

'Helping out in minors.' Owen replies. 

'I'll go and find him.' Amelia says before walking out of the room. As Amelia walks out, Maggie walks in.

'What we got?' Maggie asks. 

'Seventeen-year-old female. Shot three times. Twice in the chest, once in the abdomen.' Owen informs her. 'She's bleeding into her chest and belly.' 

'Show me the fast scan of the chest.' Maggie says. Owen shows her the monitor of the fast scan. 'Oh, wow.' Maggie sighs, seeing how bad it is. 'She needs to go to the O.R. Now!' 

'They're all full.' Link shakes his head. 

'This girl is going to die if we don't get her into surgery now.' Owen says. 'She's been bleeding for over an hour.' He thinks for a few minutes. 'We're going to have to open her up here.' 

'We can't open her up in here!' Link exclaims.

'We don't have any other option.' Maggie shakes her head. 'She won't regain consciousness for a while.' The nurse that was sent to get the blood runs back in. 

'Where's the blood?' Owen queries. 

'They're out.' The nurse replies. 

'What?' Owen exclaims. 'What blood type is she?' 

'AB+.' Travis says as he runs in. 'She was shot?!' 

'She had so much adrenaline going through her body,' Owen nods, 'that she probably didn't even notice.' He adds. 'Are you AB+?' 

'No.' Travis shakes his head.

'I am.' Brendon states, appearing in the doorway. (P/N:  I don't actually know Brendon Urie's blood type, let's just say it's AB+) 

'You should be in bed.' Owen tells him. 

'I saw Travis running towards here and figured that something had happened to Brooklyn.' Brendon says. 'I didn't lose that much blood because of Brooklyn. She saved my life. Let me donate my blood to save Brooklyn's life.' Owen thinks for a few moments. 

'Okay.' Owen eventually nods. 'We can do a transfusion straight for your body into Brookyln.' 

'Owen, are you crazy?!' Maggie hisses. 

'It's our only option.' Owen says. He looks at Travis. 'Do you consent?' 

~~

A bit of a short chapter but I didn't know what else to write so a kinda cliffhanger for you. haha.

Let me know what you think!

Much love