FIFTEEN

Chris stands up and walks off revealing the young girl. Travis sighs with relief when he sees that it's not Brooklyn. As some police officers cover the young girl with a sheet of tarp, Travis looks around in an attempt to find his sister. Eventually, he spots Brooklyn sat up against the wall with Alyssa next to her. Deacon still has pressure on Brooklyn's abdomen. 

'Travis! Thank god!' Alyssa sighs. 'Bryn won't let anyone else touch her. She won't let the medics treat her. The only thing she'll allow is Deacon putting pressure on her abdominal wounds to stem the bleeding.'

'What wounds?' Travis asks as he crouches down in front of them. 

'They shot and stabbed her.' Alyssa replies. 'We've been sat here for about forty-five minutes.' 

'Bryn.' Travis says softly. 'You gotta let the medics treat you.' 

'Why?' Brooklyn scoffs. 'So more shitty things can happen to me?' She asks. 'I think I'll pass.'

'Bryn, please.' Travis pleads, tears in his eyes. 'I've lost mom and dad, I've lost Michael, I can't lose you too.'

'I can't do it anymore.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'I don't want to do it anymore.' She wipes the tears that have dropped from her eyes.

'Brooklyn, I know it's hard but you can get through this.' Travis reassures her. 'I will be with you every step of the way.' Brooklyn's eyes start to close. 'Brooklyn, you've got to stay awake.' Brooklyn reopens her eyes. 'You're losing too much blood, Bryn. You need to go to the hospital. We'll all help you get through this. Me, Grant, Ryan, everyone at 19 and even some of the doctors at Grey-Sloan. Please, just let the medics help you.' Brooklyn looks down for a few moments before looking back up at Travis and nodding. 

.

It has been a few hours. Brooklyn is at the hospital undergoing surgery. Travis and Alyssa are sat in the surgical waiting area.

'She's going to be okay, right?' Alyssa asks Travis.

'She's been through worse.' Travis replies.

'That doesn't answer my question.' Alyssa raises an eyebrow. 

'Truth be told,' Travis sighs. 'I don't know.'  Travis shakes his head. Ryan then joins them. 

'Alyssa, I've called your parents to let them know that you're safe.' Ryan informs Alyssa. 

'Thanks.' Alyssa smiles. Ryan sits next to Travis.

'I've updated my colleagues in Seattle as well.' Ryan adds. 

'I've text Vic to let her know that Bryn is safe so that she can pass it on to everyone else at 19.' Travis says. 'When we get back to Seattle, I'm going to go to CPS and talk to them about letting Bryn come to live with me. She'll be leaving the system soon anyway and if there's one thing she needs more than anything right now, it's family.' Just then, a couple of doctors come walking down the hallway. Travis stands up and walks up to meet them.

'How is she?' Travis queries.

'She's out of surgery and in recovery.' One doctor nods. 'She's not out of the woods yet, though. Her blood pressure is still quite low so we're transfusing her.'

'We've been talking and we think that it would be beneficial for us to transfer her back to Seattle.' The other doctor tells Travis. 'Is that okay with you?'

'Yeah.' Travis nods. 'As long as it's Grey-Slogan. She trusts the doctors there.'

'We will go and contact them now and see what we can put into place.' The first doctor smiles. 'In the meantime, you guys can go and sit with Brooklyn. She is still sedated, though. Room 125.'