THIRTEEN

'Her name is Brooklyn Montgomery.' Charlie tells Ryan. He looks up at the care worker. 'I'll get her file and a picture for you.' 

'It's fine.' Ryan shakes his head. 'I know who she is. I'm friends with her older brother. Have you alerted her social worker?' 

'Not yet.' Charlie replies.

'You should have done that before calling us. Especially given her past, which I'm sure you know about.' He raises an eyebrow. 'After all the shit she's been through, it's the least you could have done.' He adds. 'Have you tried calling her?' 

'It keeps going to voice mail. I've also tried her friend, Alyssa, she's-' 

'Girlfriend.' Ryan corrects her.

'Sorry?' 

'Alyssa isn't just Brooklyn's friend, she's her girlfriend.' Ryan clarifies. 

'Right.' Charlie nods. 'She's not answering either. I'll go and call CPS and Alyssa's mom.' Charlie walks into the office whilst Ryan grabs onto his radio and talks into it. 

'This is unit 18. I'm at Seattle Home for Girls. I'd like to confirm a missing person. Brooklyn Montogomery. Seventeen-years-old. Approximately 1.7m in height weighing around 130 pounds. Eye colour, Hazel. Hair colour is dark brown. Last known whereabouts the care home. I need a track on her cell. Cell number is 941-593-8922. We also have reason to believe another young person is missing with her. Alyssa Hartley. Also around 1.7m. About 119 pounds. Dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.' He lets go of his radio and continues to write in his notebook. After a couple of minutes, Charlie walks back out of this office and back up to Ryan. 

'Her social worker is going to go out and look for her. She's allowed me to give you her number so that you can contact her. Alyssa's mother said that she hasn't seen Alyssa since this morning either. All she knows is that Alyssa was going to meet Brooklyn so that they could work on a school project.' Charlie informs him. 

'Dispatch to unit 18. We have a last known location on that cell phone. Ferryboat Recording Studio. Three hours ago.

'I better go check that out.' Ryan says to Charlie. 

'I know that CPS won't be happy with this, but you should alert her brother.' Charlie tells him.

'I would have told him regardless of whether CPS gave me permission or not.' Ryan responds. 'She's his baby sister. He's already lost his parents and his husband. He's not about to lose his sister too.' He turns around, walks out of the house and down to the patrol car. He gets in and as Travis is on shift, he makes his way to Station 19. 

.

As Ryan is walking into Station 19, he bumps into Vic and Sullivan.

'Hey, Tanner.' Vic smiles. 

'Hey.' Ryan nods. He looks at Sullivan. 'I need you to let Travis leave shift now.' 

'Shift has only just started.' Vic states. 

'I know.' Ryan sighs.

'Is it Brooklyn?' Sullivan queries. Ryan just looks at him and Sullivan sees it in his eyes. 'I'll go and get him. I'll grant him as much time off as he needs.' 

'Thank you.' Ryan nods and Sullivan walks off to find Travis. 

'What's wrong with Bryn?' Vic questions.

'She's missing.' Ryan informs her. 'She hasn't been by her care workers all day. Her last known location was three hours ago meaning that her phone has either died or has been switched off. Alyssa is also missing. Her mom hasn't seen either of them all day. Given her past, we want to take this seriously.' Ten minutes later, Travis joins them in his plain clothes and his bag on his right shoulder.