TWELVE

A few days later, as it's a nice day, Brooklyn and Alyssa are sitting on the grass in the park doing some school work.

'What time is your curfew?' Alyssa asks Brooklyn.

'I don't know.' Brooklyn shrugs. 'I didn't really pay attention when they told me. If they want me back, they'll text me.' She adds. 'Or if I'm very late, they'll send out PD. Either or.'

'Maybe you should call and ask.' Alyssa suggests.

'Nah, it'll be fine.' Brooklyn sighs. 'We gotta get this done for tomorrow anyway.'

'Why did I decide to choose AP classes.' Alyssa falls back and lies down.

'Because you're smart.' Brooklyn pulls her girlfriend back up.

'So are you.' Alyssa raises an eyebrow. 'Yet you're not taking AP classes.'

'I've only just started at the school.' Brooklyn laughs. 'At it's nearing the end anyway so there's no point. Besides, I've already got more than enough credits to graduate so there's no point.' She picks her notepad up and puts it in her backpack. 'C'mon. Let's go get something to eat and then I've got an idea of where we can go to get our tracks recorded.' She stands up and pulls Alyssa up to her feet. They both pack the rest of their belongings into their backpacks and make their way to the Starbucks across the road. They walk in and order a drink and something to eat. They sit down at a table and eat. After half an hour, they've finished. They clear their table for the next customer and leave. When they walk outside, Alyssa turns to Brooklyn.

'So, where are we going?' Alyssa asks.

'I know someone who runs a recording studio a few blocks away. He said that I could their booths whenever I wanted to.' Brooklyn replies. 'I text him this morning, they've only got one booth booked for the day so it won't be busy so he's booked us into one and he'll do the majority of the tech stuff.' She looks at her watch. 'We better get going, he's booked our slot for in half an hour. Come on.' They hold hands and Brooklyn starts leading Alyssa to the recording studio.

.

Arriving at the recording studio - "Ferryboat Recording Studio", Alyssa and Brooklyn walk in and sign in at reception. They sit down and wait for the owner to come and collect them. After ten minutes, the owner, Adam Marshall walks over to them.

'Hey, Brooklyn.' Adam smiles.

'Hi, Adam.' Brooklyn smiles back as she and Alyssa stand up. 'Thanks for letting us do this at such short notice.'

'No problem.' Adam nods. 'You know that I'll always try and fit you in as soon as I can.'

'This is Alyssa. My girlfriend.' Brooklyn introduces Alyssa to Adam.

'Hi, Alyssa.' Adam grins, shaking Alyssa's hand. 'It's nice to meet you.'

'You too.' Alyssa nods. Adam turns to look at Brooklyn.

'Your usual studio is free and I've done your usual set up.' He tells her. 'We've got Ben Platt in Studio 3. He said that he might pop in and say hi.'

'Cool.' Brooklyn replies.

'Wait.' Alyssa states. Brooklyn looks at her. 'You know Ben Platt?!'

'Yeah, we met a couple of years ago.' Brooklyn responds. 'I was at physio in hospital, he was visiting a friend who also happened to be doing physio at the same time as me.'

'Do you have your sets with you?' Adam queries.

'Yeah.' Both girls nod.

'Great.' Adam grins. 'Follow me then.' Brooklyn and Alyssa follow Adam to the recording studio. When they walk in, Adam closes the door behind them. 'So who's going first?'