TWENTY

I promised mom and dad that I would always look after you whether you were under my care or not. That's not going to change. Ever.' He smiles at her. 'Even though, at times, you're more mature me.' He adds. 'You've had to grow up fast. Too fast. It's not fair on you.'

'It's fine.' Brooklyn shrugs. She then stands up. 'I'm going to bed.' She hugs Travis. 'Night.'

'Night.' Travis smiles slightly. Once Brooklyn is in the tent, he gets his phone out and taps out a message.

Hey, it's Travis Montgomery. I know it's late, but I need to speak to you about something urgent.

.

The next morning. Travis is sat outside of the tent talking to Brooklyn's old therapist on the phone. The conversation they had last night rang alarm bells. The last time Brooklyn had a conversation like last night with Travis, she tried to kill herself. He's making an appointment for Brooklyn to speak to her therapist before anything bad happens. He gets off the phone just as Grant walks out of the tent. He sits down in the camping chair next to Travis.

'Who was that?' Grant queries.

'Brooklyn's therapist.' Travis sighs. 'She said some things last night that alarmed me. I've booked Bryn an appointment to see her. I'll talk to Brooklyn about it on Monday. I don't want to ruin her weekend.' They spend the next hour talking until eventually, Brooklyn and Alyssa emerge from the tent dressed and ready for the day. 'Are you two not going to get breakfast before you go into the festival?'

'We're going to grab something from one of the food trucks.' Brooklyn tells him. 'Get the full festival experience.'

'We're just making use of the VIP tickets. We'll get the complimentary breakfast from one of the food trucks and then we'll sit down on the main festival grounds with some of the artists that are here for the weekend and listen to music.' Alyssa adds.

'Well, we're going to enjoy a proper camping breakfast.' Travis says. 'We'll join you two at around 12. Y'know, when the actual festival starts.' Brooklyn sticks her tongue out at him.

'We'll see you guys later.' She hugs both Travis and Grant at the same time. 'Ooh! Don't forget we've got the meet and greets later at one-thirty.' She reminds them as she steps back.

'Do we have to wait in line with you?' Travis raises an eyebrow.

'It's not been made mandatory by the festival organisers but I'm going to make you anyway.' Brooklyn smiles.

'Fine.' Travis sighs and Grant laughs. 'You owe me though.'

'Owe you what?' Brooklyn laughs. 'I'm your baby sister. I don't owe you anything.' She smiles before turning around and walking off. Both Brooklyn and Alyssa show their V.I.P passes to the security guards at the entrance and walk onto the field. They walk up to one of the food trucks to get something to eat for breakfast and some coffee before sitting down on a patch of grass.

'You okay?' Alyssa asks Brooklyn. 'You've been a bit quiet this morning.' 

'Yeah.' Brooklyn nods. 'Everything's fine.' Alyssa raises an eyebrow. 'Trav and I were stargazing last night and we started talking about our mom and dad and Micheal. It's just a lot, y'know, all the memories flooding back all at once.' Alyssa holds onto her hand. 

'It's okay.' Alyssa smiles. 'They'd be dead proud of you.'

'Hey.' They hear a voice say. They look up and see Brendon Urie. 'Mind if I sit with you?'