TWO

It's the next day, Brooklyn wakes up with excruciating pain in her side and chest. For a split second, she wonders why she would be in pain. Then she remembers. She remembers feeling their hands around her throat. She remembers hearing the cracks of her ribs breaking. She remembers feeling their boots ram into her side. She remembers it all. She sits up in her bed and rubs her side. As she's off school, she decides to go for a run. She gets out of bed and gets changed into her running gear. As she's getting changed, she catches sight of the bruises in her mirror. Seeing the bruises are starting to go purple, she walks to her vanity and gets her Arnica Cream out of the top drawer. She walks back over to the mirror, squeezes some of the cream onto her fingers and rubs it over the bruises. Once she has done that, she straps her FitBit around her wrist and ties her hair into a high ponytail. She sits on the end of her bed and puts her running shoes on. As it's a cold morning, she puts her jacket on. She picks her Bluetooth headphones up from her desk, puts them on and starts her running playlist. She puts her phone in her pocket, zips it up and walks down the stairs. Without thinking about getting something to eat or a bottle of water, she walks out of the door and starts running.

.

Brooklyn is running through Myrtle Edwards Park. As she reaches a bench, she slows down so that she can catch her breath. She puts her hand on her head and takes a deep breath. Putting her hands on her hips, she takes another few deep breaths. She looks at her Fitbit and sees that she's been running for just over three hours, so she decides to walk for a bit. She's about to start walking when she starts to feel dizzy. She goes to sit down on the bench when she passes out. Passers-by crowd around her to make sure that she's okay and when they can't bring her around, one of them calls an ambulance. Meredith Grey and Andrew DeLuca, who are walking through the park together, see what's going and walks over to the crowd. When they see the young girl on the floor, they push past everyone.

'What happened?' Meredith questions as they kneel down beside Brooklyn. She checks for a pulse.

'She just passed out.' One passer-by says. 'Someone's called an ambulance.' DeLuca looks through Brooklynn's pockets or some form of ID. He comes across her phone and takes it out of her pocket. He turns the screen on and sees her running app is open.

'She doesn't have any ID on her, but she has her phone.' DeLuca tells Meredith. 'She has her running app open. It looks like she's been running for roughly three hours.' Meredith takes Brooklyn's headphones off. 'It says she has run around 30 miles.' Meredith quickly looks up at DeLuca.

'That's more than a marathon!' Meredith exclaims.

'Yeah.' DeLuca sighs, nodding.

'Her pulse is fast.' Meredith states. 'Has someone gone to meet the aid car?' Meredith asks the passer-by.

'Yeah.' They nod.

'What are you thinking this could be?' Meredith asks DeLuca.

'She's most likely dehydrated. Hypoglycemic.' DeLuca responds. Just then, the passer-by returns with the medics - Travis and Maya alongside Ryan. They have the gurney and medical bags with them. Ryan breaks up the crowd and moves them along. As they start to disperse, he catches sight of Brooklyn and freezes.

'Trav?' Maya nudges him.

'It's Bryn.' Travis tells her. Maya looks at Meredith, DeLuca and Brooklyn.

'Do you want me to take lead?' Maya asks and he nods. 'Let's go.' They both join Meredith and DeLuca and kneel down beside Brooklyn.

'We don't have an ID.' DeLuca informs them.

'Her name's Brooklyn.' Travis states. 'She's my sister.' There's a few moments silence as Maya attaches the monitors to Brooklyn.

'Dispatch said she was running when she collapsed?' Maya queries, breaking the silence.