ELEVEN

Ten minutes later, Travis walks Brooklyn into Grey-Sloan. As they walk in, Alex walks up to them - Travis had called ahead to let them know that they were on their way in.

'Hi, Brooklyn.' Alex smiles, slightly. 'We're going to take you to a private room where we will get you started on some fluids and a dextrose drip. We'll also do a physical exam.'

'Okay.' Brooklyn nods.

'Come on.' Alex motions for them to follow him. They walk into a treatment room and Brooklyn sits on the bed. Alex works on putting a cannula in Brooklyn's hand whilst Travis grips onto her other hand. Once Alex has inserted the cannula and attached the saline and dextrose bags, he hooks her up to the monitors and looks at them. 'All of your vitals are within the normal range, but they're on the low side so we're going to keep a close eye on you. I'd also like to get psychiatry down to speak to you.'

'No.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'I don't need to speak to someone.'

'Brooklyn, please. It won't be like last time. They'll just want to talk about what you've been through and make sure that you're okay so, please, let then speak to you.' Travis says. Brooklyn looks at him and sees that he has tears in his eyes. 'For me.' Brooklyn stays silent for a few minutes before simply nodding. 'Thank you.' Alex nods at a nurse who goes to call the psychiatry department.

'Be truthful, Dr Karev, how long will I be here for?' Brooklyn asks, looking at the doctor.

'You will definitely be here overnight.' Alex tells her. 'You could be discharged tomorrow or it could be in a few days. So, I don't know.'

'Right.' Brooklyn sighs.

'We'll get you out of here ASAP though.' Alex adds. 'Now, can I look at your eye? I want to make sure that there are no facial fractures and then I'll bring in some equipment to make sure that there is no damage to the eye. The colour of the bruise suggests that you've been hit quite a few times.'

'It's better to be safe than sorry.' Travis states. 'Right?' He looks at Brooklyn.

'Go ahead.' Brooklyn nods at Alex.

.

An hour has gone, after finding no damage to Brooklyn's eye or no facial fractures, he has had her transferred to the paediatric floor. She's in her room talking to Travis when Ryan walks in.

'Hey, sorry it took me so long to get here.' Ryan apologises. 'What's going on?' Travis and Brooklyn explain everything. 'Where are Karen and Mason now?'

'I don't know.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'They're probably still in L.A.'

'I'll get in contact with L.A.P.D.' Ryan informs them. 'Conversion therapy, especially for minors is illegal. Do you know if it was done at a facility?'

'One of Karen's friends did it.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'I can't remember where exactly, but it definitely wasn't a facility.'

'Is there anything that you remember about where it was?' Ryan asks.

'I remember when we were driving through L.A, we stopped at a gas station by Santa Monica Pier. From there, we were driving for about half an hour to an hour, before we got there. It wasn't out of the way or anything, it was just a normal house in a cul-de-sac.' Brooklyn replies.

'Do you remember what the house looked like?' Travis queries.

'It had a brown door. The garage door was a bit lighter.' Brooklyn responds. 'They had a bunch of kids toys out front and a kids climbing frame set out back.'

'This family friend has kids?' Ryan questions.

'Two sons and a daughter.' Brooklyn nods. 'Her sons are about 3 - they're twins and the daughter is 16. She had no idea what was going on, all she knew was that I had to get out of there.'