FOURTEEN

'Keys as in-?' Ryan starts to say.

'Yep.' Travis nods. He looks at the manager. 'Thank you.' 

'No problem.' The manager nods. 'I hope you find them safe.' 

'Thanks.' Travis nods. Both Travis and Ryan stand up and leave. As soon as they get outside, Travis screams in anger and punches the wall. 

'Travis, getting angry won't help Bryn or Alyssa.' Ryan tells him. 'I'm angry too. How that son of a bitch is out I don't know, but we're going to find them.' 

'Bryn is only seventeen and she's been through way too much shit already.' Travis states, trying to fight back tears. 'This is going to cause her to go back to her dark place. I can't watch her go back down that rabbit hole. I just can't.'

'When we find her, we're going to get her the help that she needs before that happens.' Ryan assures him. 'Right now, our sole focus is on finding her. We need to go to the police station so that I can update my boss and send out an APB and BOLO. We'll also look at who has visited Keys in prison and go from there.' 

.

It's an hour later, Ryan is looking through the prison visitation records. He gets to the end and sees that the same two names have come up multiple times across the past few months.

'Trav?' Ryan calls over to Travis, who was keeping an eye on the APB and BOLO status and listening out for the radio and he looks up. 'Do the names Dwayne and Caroline Maddens mean anything to you?' 

'They were Karen's parents.' Travis nods as he gets up and walks around to Ryan. 'Why?' 

'They've visited Keys over 60 times in three months.' Ryan tells him.

'That can't be right.' Travis shakes his head.

'It's right here.' Ryan points to the screen.

'Dwayne and Caroline were killed in a hit and run in Alaska ten months ago.' Travis replies. 'Is there a copy of the ID that was used attached?' 

'Yeah.' Ryan nods. He brings up the copies of the driving licences that were used. 'That's-'

'Karen and Mason.' Travis replies. 'So, they're in on this.'

'We can't be sure of that, Travis.' Ryan shakes his head.

'Come on, Ryan. 60 times in three months? It's hardly a coincidence that they visit the same person that almost killed Bryn under a fake name. They take her for some form of conversion therapy and then as soon as she comes back, she goes missing again. Karen and Mason haven't returned to Seattle yet - well, not that I know of anyway.' 

'L.A.' Ryan states. 'They're taking them to L.A. We need to get to SeaTac, now!' Both Ryan and Travis run out of the office but before they leave the building, Ryan quickly updates his boss who immediately orders back-up. She also tells Ryan that she'll call ahead to TSA for them. With that, Ryan and Travis, amongst other officers, run out of the station, get into their cars and race to the airport. 

.

Upon arriving at the airport, the head of the TSA section for the airport, George Marshall, meets them outside. Ryan and Travis walk up to him. 

'George Marshall.' George introduces himself as he shakes Ryan's hand and then Travis' hand. 

'Officer Ryan Tanner.' Ryan introduces himself also. 'This is Travis Montgomery. It's his sister and girlfriend that we're looking for.' 

'Two girls did come through.' George nods. 'I remember because they were with three adults and they used our private runway. If you have pictures, I'll be able to ID them for you.' Ryan gets his phone out and shows George a picture of Alyssa and Brooklyn, a picture of Karen and Mason and finally, Keys' mugshot. 'That's them.' He nods. 'They're headed to L.A.'